KDFWR Videos

Discussion in 'Fish & Wildlife Questions' started by HuntressOfLight, Dec 21, 2019.

1. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    They post some informative videos, hence the thread.

2. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
  3. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Published less than 30 days ago.

4. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Published February 9th

594 permits will be randomly drawn.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    At what point do you realize that no one cares about you or what you post? Seriously....you are boring and inconsequential. Either get better or go away.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  6. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    They wouldn't know habitat work if it smacked them in the face. I guess the videos are good for a laugh and maybe even meaningful to someone who has never ventured anywhere outside the state to see an actual wildlife management team at work .

7. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Lol... having not been in Kentucky for very long, I find them useful in learning both what roams here and can grow here. They are probably useful in garnering and/or retaining youths' attention toward hunting, as well. Due to such, I believe the videos serve purpose.

There were two new videos in which I refrained from posting, simply because I did not like how they were made. Both had a dark haired female making two males appear subordinate to her and rather dense regarding hunting. My interpretation was that they are attempting to attract females into hunting, but I simply did not find that to be a proper means of doing so. Both videos mentioned shopping discounts for hunters at one sponsoring entity, though, which could be beneficial to many hunters.

In reading the original threads for this section, I found it most beneficial when various KDFWR were active members and promptly answered questions. I wish they still did so. Being that they unfortunately no longer do so, I ocassionally check for new videos from them. Hopefully they will eventually return to answer questions, for it all, being that they can easily ascertain where their videos are being embedded.

I sometimes check the USFWS videos, as well. I liked this one pertaining to Arkansas, because of the waterfowl discussion from the perspective of an older gentleman regarding all, even though I do not like the thought of any federal entities purchasing state land. I would like to see more state videos profiling the older gentlemen, in order to hear their valuable stories and perspectives.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  8. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    HuntressOfLight, I know that you no likey the Facebook, but KDFWR is on there, and often responds to comments and questions on their page.

9. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Check out the KYAfield videos. There’s a lot to be learned from them. Here’s some of my all-time favorites.