kdfwr license customer survey

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by woodsman92, Jul 31, 2019.

1. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    You’re missing my point. I used the decline in hunters as an example of how having data can help you understand an issue.

Here’s another example: there are three species of rabbits in KY: cottontail, Appalachian and swamp rabbit. Currently, there is little data on swamp rabbits and I’d venture a guess of almost nothing on Appalachian rabbit distribution. The rabbit survey participation has steadily decreased over the last few years. Rabbit hunters aren’t participating in the survey.

How can we as hunters expect the KDFWR to manage the resource if they don’t have information in which to make good decisions? A resource that is ours as citizens of KY. The people’s wildlife. That’s was a rhetorical question. At this point we can agree to disagree.

2. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    If you want to increase the numbers of squirrel hunters, put neck bands on them. Have people call the numbers in for the chance to win money or prizes.... Turn the pursuit of squirrels into some sort of competition?

Last weekend I was at Paris Landing as a 3rd cousin from Michigan was at a high school bass tournament. They had 300 boats with 600 kids fishing...... That's what its going to take to get more kids participating. Studies have been conducted ad nausem.... Studies quite possibly turn people off as many of us are tired of stupid questions......

3. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    There’s plenty opportunities to win money and prizes at dog field trials and competition hunts that are catch and release just like fishing tournaments. Those have been going on for the last hundred years in America.

The folks tired of answering questions are the ones not coming to the table anyway, so that’s of no consequence. The people that show up to the table are the ones that make decisions. We need to start understanding and accepting that.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019