kdfwr license customer survey

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by woodsman92, Jul 31, 2019.

1. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Doesn’t managing the resource and enjoying the resource go hand-in-hand? You have to manage the resource before you can enjoy the resource.

Ataulbe1, Brody and woodsman92 like this.
  2. MoMan

MoMan Spike

Oct 4, 2018
    Western KY
    Got mine! Completed, and done!!

3. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I often don't have service at the end of the hunt.... So where is the cut off? I get half way home and have calls to return since I did not have service but now I'm in violation because I have not called in my duck harvest but am on the move..

4. Bee

Bee 8 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    if you checked the box about having hunted grouse in last five years the entire survey goes to a series of potential changes in grouse regulations...there is a thread about the grouse survey portion in the small game forum fwiw. Grouse hunters (rightfully IMO) bitter about the total lack of attention or remedies from any agency wildlife when the KY grouse population fell to a fraction of former numbers in less than a decade.

Panther45 likes this.
  5. KY Swamp Beagler

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    For deer and turkey and other species you mark it on a log before moving the carcass then can call it in later.

6. YoteFinder

YoteFinder Fawn

May 30, 2019
    Hidden Holler
    Got it and completed it. I dont mind if its for good intentions. I left a comment about nightime predator hunting but have yet to receive a response. We shall see.

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    So when do you get this survey? I purchased a sportsman on line and I don’t think I received such a thing.

8. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    I received it the end of July.

9. YoteFinder

YoteFinder Fawn

May 30, 2019
    Hidden Holler
    Also got mine at the end if July too. They also said to check your spam mail if you didnt receive it it could have went there.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    That’s where I found it, but it said the survey is now closed....maybe next year.

11. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'

Data has zero to do with a decline in hunter numbers. I duck hunt and damn sure have not seen a decline in numbers. You want new hunters chasing rabbits and squirrels? Make it the cool thing to do. If it's cool, the kids will be given the money to do it. But that's not what they want to do at this place in time.

12. KY Swamp Beagler

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I didn’t say data was the reason for a decline in numbers. What I implied was that no one tries to wrap their head around an issue by having less information at their hands. The decline in hunting is the result of a change in culture that has gradually occurred since around the time of WW2.

Young folks typically start hunting because they were brought up in a hunting culture, meaning a parent or relative hunted and exposed them to the experience. If hunting skips a single generation then the following generations are exponentially more likely to not hunt. You know how I know that??? Data in books, articles, case studies, etc.

And to clarify, I want more hunters and anglers chasing everything - from big game to small game. I don’t care what their quarry is or the method in which they take. I care about participation because that’s what it’s going to take for the tradition of hunting to thrive. And if it takes me five minutes every day I hunt to fill out a harvest log then I’ll do it.

BowOnly and YoteFinder like this.
  13. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'

Data won't do diddly.... You need a Duck Dynasty of rabbit and squirrel hunters.

I don't have an issue with a VOLUNTARY program... But we have too damn many regulations as it is.

You are sounding like a government social worker... The decline is fairly obvious and no big mystery... We don't need a study to figure out the issue.

14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    To check all small game just reeks of a goobermint fund raiser to me.