Just when most thought the season couldn’t worse.

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Rob DeHaven, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    It did and it continues.

2. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Snows showed up in Washington county today. So I killed them, to death. But I'm utterly confused, no doubt

3. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I do wish the cold snap would last long enough to freeze a few ponds! I'm not a very dedicated goose hunter but I do have a few spots that work when it gets cold. My dog has not retrieved a goose yet! It would be a good lesson for her to expand her horizons!

4. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    Oh I’m not talking about fowl but maybe a bird. Just make it stop. One thing I’ve learned on this whole ky hunting site is that some people know a lot of stuff and nobody else does. If you don’t believe them just ask them. This is life but just seems to have gotten worse it the past year or so. Carry on with the madness.

5. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    You must be busy training or hunting, called you the last 2 days. Or maybe you saw it was me and sent it to voicemail. :D

6. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    Man I don’t have you programmed in but i will. I’ll call you back tomorrow.

7. Big Snuff

Big Snuff 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2018
    North central ky
    You should get a lease near the Buffalo farm. That's where it's at! As many as stars in the sky!!! We have been killing limits the last 3 days! Me and the crew are looking forward to tomorrow. We found a new spot down the road from our lease. They were stacked in there today!!! We are going out with a bang!! Ice eater is gassed up and running as I type. Good luck to everyone hunting tomorrow. Be safe, it's going to be a cold start!

Rod S. likes this.
  8. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    Sounds like the farm area is covered. I’ll stay clear and keep to my area.

9. Big Snuff

Big Snuff 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2018
    North central ky
    The new spot produced this morning. The geese saw the ice eater hole and dumped right in. It was a lot of work, but well worth it. We picked up 1 band to boot. Cant wait until next year!!! I have never been this excited about the potential for the next goose season. This area is awesome compared to Georgetown. I doubt we will even renew our lease up here by home. It's a little longer drive for us, but we have seen more geese in 3 hunts in Shelby county then we saw all season combined at our lease in Georgetown. Heard a few other groups shoot so there must have been some other guys out helping to keep the birds moving. Hope everyone else had a good end to the season. Now the clean up begins, getting decoys back in the shed etc. I think we are going to upgrade some of our decoys prior to next year. Since it seems like we are hunting mainly local geese we are going to look at the Dave Smith's. They look really good, but they are pricey. Anyone else on here use Dave Smith's? How is the quality? Customer service? Does the paint and flocking hold up to heavy use??