Just watched Winchester and Drury’s Natural Born

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by RLWEBB, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:47 PM.

1. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    And I’ve learned a few things and thought I’d share. First, if you aren’t shooting the newest Mathews bow and Rage broadheads, then you aren’t going to kill anything, especially your “target buck.” Second, if you don’t have good pics of your “target buck” then you get really depressed and might start questioning yourself as “team member.” Take courage though, you can plant some Biologic and that will immediately cause you to get good pics of “target bucks.” Once you get your “target buck” you’ve got to name him, something original like The Big 8 or Stickers! Perhaps the most important thing I’ve learned though is that you have to have this app called “Deer Cast.” It’s really something. It’s tells you when it’s time to hunt, if it’s a good day or evening to hunt, and after you shoot your “target buck,” it’s tells you if you should back out, go get him, or call Mark Drury and get his advice! I know this all sounds way too good to be true but I saw it on TV. So now I’m saving to buy this app and hopefully once I do I can get on a team and then maybe I can kill a “slammer” or at least a Big 8! Seriously though, I was working at my kitchen table and had this trash on TV. I’m guessing that this is what a lot of younger folks think Hunting is supposed to be and some folks like these shows but it’s really just one big commercial. Oh well, lunch time rant over.

Recurve77, Grago, KY_Fried and 18 others like this.
  2. Little FR

Little FR 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    I thought Rages bounced off the deers hide? This all sounds like great advice maybe I should start naming my deer and spending more money. Then I’ll be cool too.

RLWEBB likes this.
  3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Hunting shows like that have ruined it. Most are just like it but there is a couple that aren’t bad but the Drury’s are a joke and love to pimp merchandise.

woodsman92, RLWEBB and Little FR like this.
  4. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    They gotta pay the bills just like we do I guess. That’s why they use or talk about all this merch. Most hunting shows have always been far fetched for me. I will never have enough money to hunt ranches in 6-7 different states each year or have a couple of farms that I pay someone to manage for me. Just not realistic for me. I’m glad it is for them and anyone else though. Just not realistic for me. So I don’t watch them, short of a few on you tube.

RLWEBB likes this.
  5. DocPain

DocPain Spike

Aug 23, 2021
    Hardinsburg Kentucky
    Sounds like you have it all figured out, lol. Looking forward to lots of pictures of big bucks in the future

BELLY UP!!!, RLWEBB and Little FR like this.
  6. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I’ve complained for years that so many kids I’ve seen at youth events have killed 4-5 deer out of shooting houses but never touched a knife to one. Couldn’t tell a pine from a red oak. Couldn’t kill a squirrel if their life depended on it. Couldn’t hit a barn if the rifle wasn’t in a Caldwell lead sled.
    I just don’t understand what some folks think hunting is. Makes me wonder how much they have been influenced by this kind of outdoors media.They are missing out on so much…

7. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Deer cast is just a money scam. I don’t think anyone on here needs to be told when to hunt. Foolishness.

rockhousehunter and RLWEBB like this.
  8. Mountain Man4life

Mountain Man4life 6 pointer

Oct 5, 2020
    Hills
    Thx Ron I’ve been questioning what I’ve been doing wrong for all these years. This has saved me in so many ways. Can’t wait to put all these tips to use come September 2022. Looking forward to uploading pics of stickers!!!

RLWEBB and Little FR like this.
  9. GTbowhunter

GTbowhunter 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2020
    Owensboro
    I checked out the free version of that deer cast app. Was definitely aimed toward inexperienced or dopey, Bubba type hunters. Guess it works for Mark Drury cause he's got prime Iowa land and multiple 200 inch bucks on the wall. Im in the wrong business.

Little FR and RLWEBB like this.
  10. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I just want everyone to kill a slammer! You’re welcome!!

11. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    I always knew when to hunt. When I can. When you only have the weekends to hunt, its pretty much settled lol.

12. Little FR

Little FR 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky

Mountain Man4life, hoene and RLWEBB like this.
  13. buckchaser

buckchaser 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2003
    Ky, USA.
    It’s no wonder I never get my target buck, I’ve been doing things wrong all this time. On the bright side with proper guidance I can be ready for next year. My wife is gonna be mad with all the money I’ll be spending on taxidermy.

14. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    Sucks you let secret out of the bag. Now everyone will kill 200 inch slammers.

I do know one thing, success on monster deer year in year out can’t hAve anything to do with the place they get to hunt. No way it matters to have 5000 acres untouched and managed to the hilt for deer etc.

I am envious of the places they get to hunt. But the harvesting of big deer year in and year out on those type sprawls doesn’t a great hunter or outdoorsmen make.

Go to public land and harvest 4.5 year or older deer (doe or buck) consistently and in my eyes you’ve done a helluva lot more skill wise than a 180 inch buck on a 5000 acre ranch managed for deer and not pressured.

hunt, buckchaser, woodsman92 and 5 others like this.