Just curious

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
It amazes me how many have been drawn multiple times. Yet there are so many of us that have never been drawn. That is great for you if you have been drawn but I do think that if you have been drawn once that you should not be allowed to apply until those that have never been drawn get an opportunity. I also believe that the non-residents should be put into a separate lottery pool. As I said in a earlier post, I have applied every year since 2004 and never been drawn yet there are non-residents getting drawn every year.
It is frustrating when you live here and pay for a hunting/fishing license every year to help fund the KDFWR and they do nothing to give residents an advantage.
Non residents are limited to 10% of tags.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
It amazes me how many have been drawn multiple times. Yet there are so many of us that have never been drawn. That is great for you if you have been drawn but I do think that if you have been drawn once that you should not be allowed to apply until those that have never been drawn get an opportunity. I also believe that the non-residents should be put into a separate lottery pool. As I said in a earlier post, I have applied every year since 2004 and never been drawn yet there are non-residents getting drawn every year.
It is frustrating when you live here and pay for a hunting/fishing license every year to help fund the KDFWR and they do nothing to give residents an advantage.
Residents get "at least 90% of tags". NR get "up to 10% of the tags". That's pretty much in alignment with all the western states.

Scoony

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2003
Radcliff
I have applied for all but 4 of the years since it started and have never been drawn. Not complaining as it is a lottery and I do hope they keep it that way.

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
I applied for many years. Never drawn..
I live right in the heart of elk country. For years I had to run them out of our garden, they busted our fences and crapped our firing range at work ankle deep every night. They were everywhere..
Now, all of the property I had access to has been leased up by guides. So I stopped applying last year. Im not a conspiracy theorist , I dont think the draw is rigged. Im just unlucky.
So I had to deal with them personally for years but could never get drawn and now Ive lost all of my hunting property, I absolutely refuse to pay a guide to hunt in my back yard so I just stopped applying.

Last edited:

OLE RASPY

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2018
Barren county
I applied for many years. Never drawn..
I live right in the heart of elk country. For years I had to run them out of our garden, they busted our fences and crapped our firing range at work ankle deep every night. They were everywhere..
Now, all of the property I had access to has been leased up by guides. So I stopped applying last year. Im not a conspiracy theorist , I dont think the draw is rigged. Im just unlucky.
So I had to deal with them personally for years but could never get drawn and now Ive lost all of my hunting property, I absolutely refuse to pay a guide to hunt in my back yard so I just stopped applying.
Think I’d be a outlaw if they were tearing up my stuff. Just saying. :eek:

bondhu

12 pointer
Jul 3, 2015
Battle Run
Put in for what was available every year since it began. Got drawn for a cow 2019.
I will start putting back in when I can. And yes I will still continue to bitch about it.

Latest posts