Just a question..

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
This is my target buck last year. He is bigger this year.
CD26B7D9-71AC-4153-AB33-E0F9047D1AF3.jpeg

But if anything comes in bigger than this fellar It isn’t walking.
FB786619-6E29-4FE7-9836-9CF3391473C3.jpeg

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I have never, considered myself a trophy hunter, I hunted in the late 60 s and early 70 s when if you even saw a rub, let alone a live buck of any kind, you felt like calling the newspaper. So I can never tell you what I'm gonna do till its standing there, last 2 years, I killed older bucks, that wasn't gonna be a lot better than they were, and I'm pretty sure were running off younger bucks with good blood. But this buck in this pic, is one I would definately let go, if I had known exactly what he was and how young he was. But as Wildman Wilson, posted , or someone else did and he commented , sometimes you have to make a decision in a hurry, I noticed a bush goin crazy on the edge of the woods , I looked thru the binos and he was thrashing his horns around in it, then for what ever reason, he came out in a fast trot 200 yards away broadside, and I killed him, the last 4 bucks I have killed someone else had pics of them, and I didn't know it. If I could ever have breathed life back into one, it would have been this one, he was a baby in years of life.
Laughing Gary. I had an Alberta buck put on a show about 150 yds away in the bush. For an hour he chased does, grunted, thrashed trees. Every so often a doe would pop out on the cut line I was sitting then pop back in. He had me so tore up, I glad he wasn't a spike cause I was shooting when he did stick his head out. Ended up being a young 140" 12 pt with split G2s. He would have been something in another 2-3 yrs had I not lost my mind. :)

turkeyhunter91

12 pointer
Apr 3, 2007
Have you reported your neighbor that allegedly kills over the limit?
Yeah multiple times, along with some others in the area.. all the 1guy does is drive the roads and shoot. a few years ago he shot 2 bucks in a neighbors field from the road, he drove up to them looked at the little 1 and turned only to load the big 1 and leave the smaller to rot. I can't get a game warden to do much. I have tried to get them to bring a robo deer out because of the amount of road hunters and poachers but never have got them to do anything.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Yeah multiple times, along with some others in the area.. all the 1guy does is drive the roads and shoot. a few years ago he shot 2 bucks in a neighbors field from the road, he drove up to them looked at the little 1 and turned only to load the big 1 and leave the smaller to rot. I can't get a game warden to do much. I have tried to get them to bring a robo deer out because of the amount of road hunters and poachers but never have got them to do anything.

Maybe consider contacting your district commissioner, and if such fails to produce results your local newspaper.

James Scott White

6 pointer
Oct 17, 2020
Rowan County
At my place I’m looking for a good 3 year old or better. I put out cameras to get an inventory and usually have 3-4 I can identify easily but body size is a big thing to me. I hunt to fill the freezer with my buck tag if possible. If it’s got a good rack, that’s just a plus. Passed on several 2 year olds and first year racks so far this year- couple this morning even.

bowhunter269

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2006
Fisherville, KY
I don't run cameras, so I typically shoot one that "gets me excited". My standard is usually 130" minimum, but he must be 3 1/2 years old. As several others have said, I don't always meet my own standards. As I joke with some of the youngsters from work I mentor, I'm a deer hunter/killer.........I wasn't brought up to let deer walk. It's all I can do to let a 120" 8 pointer walk past at 20 yards :) !! The closer it gets to gun opener, the more likely I am to release an arrow.

Latest posts