Just 1 reason I love helping others

ManofManyStangs

8 pointer
May 4, 2009
I won't put his name on here but this is a text message I received from a gentlemen that lives 20 hours away. Always do good by others!!!

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 167

mudhole crossing

12 pointer
Aug 20, 2007
East ky
Thanks for posting, Glad to see an elk hunter be so generous when many wont think to even offer a local some meat after assisting
I got done like that once. I even took him to the spot, helped field dress, load it on trailer. Heck he was even staying in our cabin for free. Not once did he offer me an ounce of meat. He was a member on here. Covid got the best of him about a year ago.

ManofManyStangs

8 pointer
May 4, 2009
I got done like that once. I even took him to the spot, helped field dress, load it on trailer. Heck he was even staying in our cabin for free. Not once did he offer me an ounce of meat. He was a member on here. Covid got the best of him about a year ago.

I can buy meat from the grocery store and never think twice about missing out on some good elk. I have been on about 14-15 successful hunts sometimes Im offered something in return sometimes I am not. I have never "charged" anyone 1 red cent. I have been very fortunate in life, and don't want or need anything I don't already have. I do understand others proposition in life though, and I do wish them the best. I only do what I do for 1 reason that's to try to make the world a better place. I am trying my best to give something in return, because in the past 1 person gave me something they didn't have 2 I will pay that forward for the rest of my life as long as I am able to.

mudhole crossing

12 pointer
Aug 20, 2007
East ky
I can buy meat from the grocery store and never think twice about missing out on some good elk. I have been on about 14-15 successful hunts sometimes Im offered something in return sometimes I am not. I have never "charged" anyone 1 red cent. I have been very fortunate in life, and don't want or need anything I don't already have. I do understand others proposition in life though, and I do wish them the best. I only do what I do for 1 reason that's to try to make the world a better place. I am trying my best to give something in return, because in the past 1 person gave me something they didn't have 2 I will pay that forward for the rest of my life as long as I am able to.
What I’m saying is if I was hunting and i had somebody pretty much guide me at no charge the very least I could do is offer them some meat. They don’t have to accept it but It would make me feel good for offering.

ManofManyStangs

8 pointer
May 4, 2009
What I’m saying is if I was hunting and i had somebody pretty much guide me at no charge the very least I could do is offer them some meat. They don’t have to accept it but It would make me feel good for offering.
I understand what you are saying and I would for sure offer meat at the very least. No disrespect what so ever towards you or your post. I have been offered several times to be paid, never once I have asked or even considered it. I have however received some items in the mail afterwards that made my heart smile but never once expected or wanted it. At the end of the hunt I know what I did and I know the real reason i did or am doing it and I feel good about it, that's the reward in itself for me.

mudhole crossing

12 pointer
Aug 20, 2007
East ky
I understand what you are saying and I would for sure offer meat at the very least. No disrespect what so ever towards you or your post. I have been offered several times to be paid, never once I have asked or even considered it. I have however received some items in the mail afterwards that made my heart smile but never once expected or wanted it. At the end of the hunt I know what I did and I know the real reason i did or am doing it and I feel good about it, that's the reward in itself for me.
U are a good guy obviously
. Not many out there like u.

Latest posts