Johnny and june.. and billie and anita...

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyhunter99, Dec 12, 2019.

1. I like all 3 but listen to Sr every morning almost getting ready for the day and man, greatest songwriter and hillbilly/white man’s blues ever. As country as it gets.

2. BTW Hank Jr lives in Paris Landing, TN just across the state line from Murray/Calloway County. I helped roof his house when it was new 20 years ago. He eats a lot in Murray at a local Mexican joint, La Cocina.

[​IMG]

xbokilla, kyhunter99 and barney like this.
  3. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Yeah, goes to show you that folks have always been Wild. By the way...Billie Jean was a Fox.

Thay were ALL a bunch of TOMKATS.

drakeshooter, barney and kyhunter99 like this.
  4. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    She sure was!
    I looked her up and thats how i found the cash story.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Jr is my favorite but I love the third and sr almost as much.

6. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    And it started way before that...
    The original Carter Family was a mess.. A P was gone all the time scouting out songs and left his young wife Sara to fend for herself. Well, she Did. And got help from A P s first cousin Coy Bays with which they carried on a torrid love affair while old A P was gone. The trio were singing on a hi powered radio station and Sara sang the song in which when was Thinking about her Blue Eyes...Coy was in California at this time and headed immediately for Texas and they took off to California together. End of the Original Carter Family.
    Sara said "I ain't Never sanging with that SOB Again." And she never. She left A P and the two children in Va. And stayed in California.
    I could go on....

barney, drakeshooter and kyhunter99 like this.
  7. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Yeah ha, you almost have to really divorce these peoples personal lives from your perception of their music.
    Their music is great but man these people are a bit warped.
    I love Orbsion but I cant say I like some of the stuff I learned about him either.
    Now im on dwight yokam... and... well...

8. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Hank Jr. has a big farm/ranch in Alabama right next to a buddy of mines. He let's Hank plant all the food and he sets a ton of bedding. Works for him!

drakeshooter likes this.
  9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Is this the Ken burns pbs special or some other liberal outlet that wants to destroy all things Americans?

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    My BIL is a musician was with H3 for a couple years. JR was at a lot of the shows. I had posted on here before that probably 10-15 years ago a big RV pulled up at Friendship and it was JR but no one really noticed or I guess recognized him. He and my dad walked around for better half of the day BSing about ML and God knows what. When he got back in the RV and left some of the other old men asked who that was and dad said Ol’ Bocephus and they didn’t believe him. LOL.

Ataulbe1, Feedman, barney and 3 others like this.
  11. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Good question. The ones on Hank I think was a BBC special that was broken into 5 segments on youtube. Then a bit of it was internet searches, some yeilded results from book excerpts written by john c cash and viv (on the cash front)
    Hank pulling a gun was on the bbc special and it consisted mainly of interviews of friends of hank and former band members (drifting cowboys).
    I am totally open to more links if you all want to share them. I am listening to them while i work at night.

12. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Watching Trashville (hw3 + dolly) and the first shot of HW3 he is wearing an Unknown Hinson shirt!
    The same one my husband has and got signed when we saw him many years ago.
    Screenshot_20191213-093913_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  13. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Unknown hinson...theres a good en. Not many folks know of him.

kyhunter99 likes this.
  14. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Dang right. Saw him in concert twice and love squidbillies. He is an incredible guitar player.

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  15. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Yes he is. Id say his concerts are awesome.

kyhunter99 likes this.