jim strader show

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bower, Jan 31, 2003.

1. bower

bower 8 pointer

Jan 14, 2003
    LaGrange, ky, USA.
    what kinda show is this and what goes on there. do they just advertise thing or discuss different topics? thinking about going, only 15 mins away.

>--> if it's brown it's down<--<

2. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    its like a hunters and fishermans "mall". lots of vendors,seminars,activities,giveaways and such

raktrakr
    >>----->

3. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    oh, and some wildlife displays

raktrakr
    >>----->

4. bower

bower 8 pointer

Jan 14, 2003
    LaGrange, ky, USA.
    no sh*t!!!!! i've been looking to go to one these show. i'm there!!!!!!!

5. mathewsshooter

mathewsshooter Fawn

Aug 17, 2002
    KY.
    I went several years ago and was not impressed. The Kentucky Deer Classic is much better. I think that was the name. It was down around Ohio County. I went after a 3D shoot.

6. HardinCountyHunter

HardinCountyHunter Spike

Jan 2, 2003
    Upton, KY, USA.
    I went to both Jim Strader and the KY Deer Classic the last two years. I like the fact that Strader's show is in February and doesn't conflict with hunting any of the game I chase. I do have a complaint about the Deer Classic. In both 2001 and 2002, either Harold or David from Knight and Hale were advertisied as speakers but neither year did either of them show up. If they are not going to be there, don't advertise them. I did not drive over there to hear anyone else. I did like Tim Farmer for KY Afield and Don Bell form Code Blue but would not have went either year if I had known that Knight and Hale would not be there. The folks at at Uncle Lee's either need to nail them down on comming or quit using there name for promotions for the show.

7. Rob

Rob Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    Murray, KY, USA.
    It is my understanding that David Hale was planning to come last year but became ill. I thought it was a pretty good show. I have been to both the Strader show in L'ville & Bucks & Beards in Lex & enjoyed them, too.

You're right, however, about not advertising that someone will be speaking if there is no plans for them to actually speak.

Rob

8. Xtreme

Xtreme Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    I'll be in the Coffey Marketing booth Sat. and Sun. at the Strader show! By all means look me up and say hi!!!...I want to meet you guys, I always love a good gabfest amongst hunters and fishrmen[^][:D]

9. bower

bower 8 pointer

Jan 14, 2003
    LaGrange, ky, USA.
    hey xtreme, if i make my way there i'll look you up. how will i be able to pick you out. go up and ask for xtreme....lol

10. duckhunter

duckhunter Fawn

Sep 6, 2002
    KY.
    Where and When is the Strader Show

11. redbone

redbone BBBC Members

Dec 9, 2001
    KY.
    Strader Show Info

Dates: February 14th – 16th 2003
    Where: Kentucky International Convention Center - Louisville KY (Phone 502-595-4381 )
    Show Times: Friday 14th Noon – 9:00PM
    Saturday 15th 9:00AM – 9:00PM
    Sunday 16th 9:00AM – 6:00PM

For more info you can go to www.jimstrader.com

I am not a spectator of nature, but rather a participant; a hunter.

12. Xtreme

Xtreme Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Bower, I'll be there sat. and sun. in coffey's booth. I'm about 5'10 brown hair and I have a goatee. I usually will have a shirt on of some sort with my name. Hope to meet you....Rick.

13. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Glad to hear that your going to wear a shirt!

14. D.W.P.

D.W.P. 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2002
    E-Town, KY, USA.
    I swear, I saw Xtreme's twin on a fishing show this weekend. The only difference, the guy was 25 pounds lighter and he could catch fish. [;)]

15. ez

ez 8 pointer

x-treme shoots ALL his fish.........ez