Jesus and Deer Hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bigbuck34, Oct 29, 2018.

1. bigbuck34

bigbuck34 Spike

Nov 4, 2008
    Changed the title a little this year due to putting Jesus first in the title. Please remember that Jesus is the reason we are able to hunt. To enjoy God's beauty. Things have been hard on me this year due to losing my father at the age of 61 on December 26, 2017. I have blamed God for a lot and I know that is not right. I have drank to much this year and I know that is not what Christ wants. Pray for each other and lets continue the tradition of Whitetail hunting in Kentucky.

Kudzu, Ataulbe1, BNewNKY46 and 16 others like this.
  2. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Sorry for your loss man that is devastating!! I'll be the first to say I'm not the best person in the world either and fall way short on the daily. In saying that know that prayers of strength and comfort being sent your way from at least one guy!!!

rabbit dawg likes this.
  3. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    There is a book by Steve Chapman called A look at life from a deer stand , good read.

Ataulbe1, TMill and Genesis 27:3 like this.
  4. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    It is a great read. I need to get my copy out again. Thanks for the reminder.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  5. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I got that for Christmas a few years back I have read it, and I got my hunting buddies to read it. Good devotional, I highly recommend it.

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Sorry for your loss. But we all fall short in times. Everyday when I get up I thank God for it. Then thru out the day to. When im in my Deer stand looking at what he has created I thank him for that. I know without trusting in the Lord. I wouldn't know where I would be at today.

mac0492 and rcb216 like this.
  7. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Prayers up and sorry for your loss. I gotta find that book! Thanks.

8. Brian Abner

Brian Abner Fawn

Oct 21, 2018
    Barbourville, KY
    Praying for strength and comfort for you. I’m sure when you are out in the woods you will feel close to him and remember all the good times you all had together. I can’t wait to teach my twin boys the joy of hunting whitetails. I’m only a second generation deer hunter. I’ll make sure it doesn’t stop with me!

9. BubEastKY

BubEastKY 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2016
    Sorry for your loss but know that prayers are being sent your way. None of us are perfect and I don’t think Christ expects us to be. He knows we’re human and as long as we give it our best that’s all that matters. We all fall but it’s getting back up and trying to draw more near to Him that counts!

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Prayers for your comfort. Mines 75 and still hunts with me. Can’t imagine what it would be like without him.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  11. charliehustle86

charliehustle86 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2014
    Northern Ky
    i haven't posted in awhile but I always love these posts! That Steve Chapman book is amazing and I hope everyone enjoys time in the woods in Gods beautiful scenery. I have a 76 month old boy and 4 year old girl so my time is limited in the woods. Hoping they will want to do it with me one day. Be safe! God Bless

Genesis 27:3 and luvtohunt like this.
  12. Claims Rep.

Claims Rep. 6 pointer

Feb 6, 2010
    Good post - thanks for starting it. Indeed, God is the reason we get to do this madness we all love called deer hunting. Losing a parent is tough. It’s been 8.5 years since my dad passed, and 1.5 since mom passed. Thankfully both were Christians, so I am able to have the peace-of-mind in knowing they are both in the presence of Christ (2 Cor. 5:8). Let me also add this... the sting of the loss does get better as time goes on. Both of my parents were in failing health, so death for them was bittersweet. Having to let go was difficult, yet I know for their sakes it was the right thing to do. Now, almost all of my memories for both of them are all good. No more physical suffering, no more pain, no more worry. They are both safe in the arms of Jesus, and I know that one day I will be reunited with them when the Lord sees fit to call me home. I am so very thankful for the absolute promise we have in Jesus Christ as the one and only risen Lord.

(Sorry to get long-winded)

13. tbrothers

tbrothers 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2011
    Cecilia
    All I can say is Amen!!!!! It is good to see that so many call on the lord. I know that very time I go to the woods I try to stop and take in as much as possible of this world that he created for us to live in. I too am not perfect by no means but I also know that Jesus Christ came to this world and died for everyone so that we may have a home in heaven one day. I also lost my Dad about 10 years ago now and I miss him everyday but I know where he is and I know one day that’s where I want to be also when my time has come!!! God Bless.

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  14. crossfire

crossfire 8 pointer

Jun 13, 2006
    Mayfield, Ky
    Sorry to hear of your loss brother! Just took my Dad to Michigan to grouse hunt as I patiently wait on pre-rut activities here in Kentucky, and as the big, strong, hero he's always been to me, at age 73 it kills me to see him no longer able to do the physical stuff he (and I) want him to do. That said, I still have him with me and couldn't comprehend a huntin' season of any kind without him. He was also instrumental in leading me to Christ 21 years ago at the age of 29, and life hasn't been the same since! The only thing better than sitting in a stand on a frosty morning with my bow in hand eagerly anticipating the crunching of leaves headed my way is the peace, quiet, and darkness of pre-dawn when I have my time with the Lord. Good luck to you fellas this year, stay safe, and remember to give thanks to God for the freedom and ability to do what we do while pursuing our passions!

BNewNKY46 and bondhu like this.
  15. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    I lost my hunting partner last fall my dad my best friend I thought time would help but for me it just keeps getting harder to pull up to our hunting spots and him not sitting there beside me but we made a lot of memories together in the woods I truly feel heart broken but god has been my saveing grace from the pain looking at his beautiful creations and the peace and tranquility that the woods hold for us as hunters we are truly blessed.i hope one of these days god calls me home I will be able to sit beside my dad again and tell him that I love him.i still have my mother and for that I am blessed so god truly blesses us all.

Ataulbe1 likes this.