Its HAMMERTIME

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by yotekiller, Nov 30, 2002.

1. yotekiller

yotekiller Banned

Jan 20, 2002
    Guy told me tonight about two yotes sittin on a hillside watchin his beagles work today and said they were not concerned with him or his hunting partners presence.Man you gotta love the young of the year,a distressed chevy(which all chevy's are;haha)would call one in.

WAA WAA WAA BAMM,i'm pretty sure will be their next sensory observation.My they learn so quick

2. KYhunter

KYhunter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    Let us know how you do. I think coyote hunting may be my next bad habit.

3. yotekiller

yotekiller Banned

Jan 20, 2002
    Well made four stands and only saw one,which is better than normal.They seem to have a sixth sense,you can try to figure them out and set up how they should come in,but rarely does that happen.

Me and my cousin were about 50yrds. apart with him overlooking a field on a hillside an me on a field in the bottom.After about 45mins. i decided to to quit this location and walked up the hill where my cousin pointed out some massive rubs on a ridge,i layed down my caller and we walked down there to take a gander and after we checked out the thicket(where a monster buck apparently calls home)we headed to get my caller and as i topped the hill what did i see?Yep a big ol' coyote staring at me,since my head was all that had cleared the hill he didn't pay any attention to me just kept trotting.I pulled up,drew down,dropped safety,@#$%& he was on the other side of a woven wire fence,and i knew i couldn't chance it so we quickly set up facing down the ridge looking into a christmas tree patch,hit my mouse squeaker and caught him coming around the point heading into the thicket.By the sound of things he came within 15yrds. of us but never did come out in one of our shooting lanes,heck we didn't even see him,needless to say he figured out pretty quick that something was up and took out.We didn't see another one after that,but next time that fence won't protect him unless he comes in on the other side.I just wish that property owner would allow deer hunting because i know where i'd be spending my spare time

4. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Yotekiller, where you located? I saw the biggest yote ever Thanksgiving day.

5. yotekiller

yotekiller Banned

Jan 20, 2002
    Barren Co.,hunting in Adair Co. today though.Will travel 4 fur

6. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    I had to go look that up, I've never been there.[:I]

Just wanted to say that yotes can be shot in Morgan county. Seldom does anyone say no to that. If you are ever headed that way, let me know.
    I saw one that would weigh 50+ Thursday morning in Clark county. I swear! I know they are bulked up with fur, but this creature was HUGE!