ISO 20 gauge

BucksandFish

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2012
E-town
I'm looking for a single shot or light weight over and under. My 11 year old son is needing his own gun. He's got a short reach plus doesn't want to carry a gun very far.

Even if you don't have 1 any suggestions on type or brands would be appreciated.

flyingnectar

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2014
Metcalfe County
The savage I have is light on recoil with anything other then a slug .. and .222 is a nice light round . Would make a awesome youth gun! $450 with ammo for both barrels. I can post pics

Rob7

6 pointer
Oct 18, 2004
My children grew up shooting a youth model 20 gauge semi auto Charles Daly. Would only give them 1 shell at a time. Recoil was lessened due to it being a semi auto. Super nice little gun and super fun for an adult to shoot as well. I have used in the dove field numerous times just for fun and it handles awesome. We are not selling ours, #3 child is still using but I would highly recommending considering one of those.

jeffcojoe

6 pointer
Aug 8, 2002
Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
I'm looking for a single shot or light weight over and under. My 11 year old son is needing his own gun. He's got a short reach plus doesn't want to carry a gun very far.

Even if you don't have 1 any suggestions on type or brands would be appreciated.

Have a Rossi Dual Combo with a 20 gauge barrel and .243 barrel with scope for $225.

Or possibly find a Stevens 301T in .410 and both of you can have fun with it. Using TSS shells it's a great turkey gun.

jblack1

12 pointer
Dec 13, 2005
The END!!!!
Buy this Rossi combo.
If you don't I'm going to make him an offer on it.

I won't jump in front of anyone...
but I will let it be known that if they don't want it then I'm probably interested.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
I have a Browning Gold 20 gauge that I seldom use, with a regular shotgun barrel & Rifled Slug barrel. However 1/2 belongs to my Brother, and he doesn't want to sell his half, even though he doesn't hunt anymore.

BucksandFish

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2012
E-town
Buy this Rossi combo.
If you don't I'm going to make him an offer on it.

I won't jump in front of anyone...
but I will let it be known that if they don't want it then I'm probably interested.

If you're interested ho ahead sir. I appreciate your manners and respect! I've not made up my mind I'm still looking and thinking. I would not hold up a man from selling or buying. Thanks again

Backwoods7

Fawn
Jul 13, 2019
Mt.Sterling
Winchester makes some low recoil low noise shells. That’s what i let my kids practice with, the put normal loads in to hunt and they don’t notice the difference

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I have a Boito Made in Brazil O/U 20 gauge. Brother bought it for like $85 in the early 80s, didn’t like it and gave to me when I was about 10. It’s still my favorite small game gun. Even today you can find a few in the $200 range.

Latest posts