Is this the way everyone fills ??

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyfuzzyface, Aug 1, 2012.

1. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    This is a story from a reader in The Springfield Sun Newspaper (Washington county Ky) posted today 8-01-2012, I plan on sending a reply but I am not very good at putting words on paper the way I fell

[​IMG]

I encourage all gun owners and sportman to reply to this newspaper. lets see how many of our letters get printed in there paper

Sorry its a little small and hard to read, Pickup a copy for yourself !!
    If we don't stick together they will drag us all down !!!!

2. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Here's the text:

http://www.thespringfieldsun.com/content/readers-write-24

Dear Editor,

Days of prayer and reflection are appropriately called for by President Obama after the massacre in Aurora, Colorado.
    This was a welcome first step. But it is only the first step.

Moral, responsible, principled leadership that addresses the ongoing slaughter of people around the United States is long past due.
    A federal assault weapons ban passed in 1994 ending the sale of guns like the AR – 15, the assault weapon used in the Colorado shooting.
    Unfortunately, that ban was allowed to expire in 2004 as a result of fierce lobbying by the NRA.

As the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence said so well: “…In the United States today - where virtually anyone with a credit card and a grudge can outfit their own personal army—mass shootings are as predictable as they are tragic. Just as predictable, those who celebrate this lethal shift, the NRA remains mute when families and communities suffer the consequences.”
    We have a right to feel safe in our communities, restaurants, schools, movie theaters and places of business.

It is past time for Democrats and Republicans to act responsibly and pass an assault weapons ban that will keep military-level assault weapons like the AR – 15 out of the hands of civilians.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims’ families and with victims who remain in the hospital.

The greatest tribute we can give them is our thoughtful action, contacting our senators and representatives asking for legislation to ban assault weapons.
    Please give consideration to writing a letter to the editor to your local newspaper. Our voices need to be heard. We can make a difference!

Sister Judy Morris, O.P.
    Dominican Sisters of Peace

3. DRS

DRS Banned

Mar 3, 2010
    Kentucky
    Just wondering if the author considered that if these so-called "Assault Weapons" are banned, from law abiding gunowners; criminals will still have access to them. The Author is very "short minded" if you ask me.:rolleyes:

4. mrdux

mrdux Guest

The Sister is entitled to her opinion---regardless of how stupid I think it happens to be.

5. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    So much stupidity in the US nowdays... so little time.

There was never a ban that blocked the sale of AR's, simply some features on them that made no difference whatsoever- like collapsible stocks or removeable flash hiders... LOL.

This has brought out the closet gun grabbers in my friends list on FB. Most of them can't take the heat when someone opposes their idiotic rants with facts instead of blurbs they've heard on their liberal media sources. :D

6. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    If you respond to the paper, keep your reply based on facts, no name calling, no hysterics. We'll leave that kind of thinking to the other side.

7. ky_bull

ky_bull 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2005
    Washington County
    I am a Washington County resident in which Springfield resides as well as a Springfield Sun subscriber. I too plan on replying to this letter and pointing out her errors. As responsible law biding gun owners, we can not let such inaccuraccies go uncorrected and allow the ignorance of so call gun control fanatics go unchecked. Especially in our own backyard.

8. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Oh, the polyester pant-suited, lapel-pin wearing, brigade of feminist "sisters" are becoming more and more insignificant as the generation that gave the Church the gift of Vatican II gets older and, to the relief of the rest of us, goes away. Yet, those silly bulls still pop up occasionally and pretend they have something relevant to say.

Just ignore them. They'll eventually get back to their yoga stretching, labyrinth walking, centering prayer new age nonsense and continue watching their numbers dwindle into nothing while conservative faithful orders of religious communities thrive and have to turn people away because they have no room.

9. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Uh, can you give us the Protestant version?

10. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    lol.................

11. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Sure. Let me break out my Chick tract collection.

Catholic bashing in 3... 2... 1...

12. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Sign me up for a Remington 7400 (maybe 7600 whichever the semi-auto is) in .308 or something sporty. More mustard behind it than the wimpy 5.56.

One of those benelli rifles might be fun too.

Thanks for your opinion Sister Senseless.

13. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Aww, now the 7400s aren't nearly scary looking enough. Why, they even look like a regular Fudd deerslayer (aka. high powered sniper rifle).

You need an FAL, Cetme, AR10, or one of those rifles with the shoulder thing that goes up.

14. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    No bashing...just don't know what Vatican II is. Or about the sisters.

15. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Sorry. I just kind of expect it. Seriously, though, you'll find Catholics more apt to bash each other over their opinions of the state of the Church today.

So, in a nutshell:

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread.