is this legal?

Discussion in 'Fish & Wildlife Questions' started by eightpointridge, Aug 4, 2004.

1. eightpointridge

eightpointridge Fawn

Dec 12, 2003
    I was looking on ebay tonight and saw page after page of deer antlers and mounts for sale. Is it legal to buy or sell something like that in Kentucky?

2. Remington12

Remington12 8 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Madisonville, KY.
    I thought that you had to have a license to sell animal parts (my taxidemist has one) in the state of KY. He said to me (a couple of years back) that no one else can legally sell of buy old mounts, racks, etc. I never thought otherwise since.

[​IMG]

3. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Mounted deer heads can be sold only through a licensed Taxidermist. Same would apply ofr hides other than furbearers, those can be sold to licensed fur buyers by licensed trappers or licensed hunters.

4. broadside

broadside 6 pointer

There was a man arrested a few years back in Mercer Co. for selling some mounts at a yard sale, which he had advertised in the local newspaper. My wife's uncle was his lawyer. I'll ask him what happened. I do know that the state claimed that they owned the wildlife in Kentucky. If so why aren't they responsible for the damage they do such as fenders and headlights. The above posts are correct.

CAIN'T HAVE NOTHIN

5. broadside

broadside 6 pointer

There was a man arrested a few years back in Mercer Co. for selling some mounts at a yard sale, which he had advertised in the local newspaper. My wife's uncle was his lawyer. I'll ask him what happened. I do know that the state claimed that they owned the wildlife in Kentucky. If so why aren't they responsible for the damage they do such as fenders and headlights. The above posts are correct.

CAIN'T HAVE NOTHIN