Is it OK to share your harvest?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by beauhunter41031, Oct 30, 2019.

Do you think it is OK to share a harvest with others

1. Yes

105 vote(s)
    99.1%
  2. Noooooo.. Every man and woman for themselves

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    That is a generous offer and I Applaud you for trying to help, I’m sure that lady and her children could benefit from gift cards and a go fund me page in other ways but can you please take the blinders off and simply realize That this woman with children and dozens of other people whose stories you have read simply enjoy getting the deer meat donation the way it is. You cannot eat a gift card and if protein is what they are after they will get far less poundage buying up supermarket meat With your gift cards.

I would personally like to challenge you with something. I would think that your church community all have their own opinions on the subject. Maybe talk with the pastor and some of the other church members to see
    ............Screw it I’m not even gonna finish typing. I’ll take a gift card if you’re offering

Gooser likes this.
  2. bstickin1

bstickin1 8 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    If you're willing to help people in need what the hell makes a damn deer so special that you're not willing to share??? You do know there's lots of places with more than enough deer to go around don't you? If you think there's a problem with low deer numbers where you hunt don't kill them until things get better but don't be so damn stupid to think the whole state has a problem. Take up coyote hunting and trapping, kill as many bobcats as legal. Tell everyone you know to do the same but don't tell people that knows sharing is caring they shouldn't be doing it. Try finding a family that needs help with food and give them one of those special deer. You might just have a proud yet humble feeling that comes over you that makes you realize those deer aren't so special after all.

3. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    You mean before you set yourself up a second account to try and cover your other one? Maybe that’s not true, but given your number of comments, and the fact you joined up on Tuesday, sure seems like a possibility.

But in any case, your response completely ignored my statement about taking a processed deer directly to a family’s home. @deerhunter24 had a problem with that, which is complete and utter BS.

BTW, what were those studies KYDFW was doing again?

4. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Maybe if the kid would just once share a deer with someone who needs it his heart would grow.

Munson, Gooser, Lady Hunter and 2 others like this.
  5. Strut 'N' Buck

Strut 'N' Buck 8 pointer

Apr 16, 2011
    Shepherdsville, KY
    If the farm you hunt has such low deer numbers, pro tip: hunt somewhere else. If you don’t want to hunt somewhere else because “it’s all you’ve ever known”, (you seem like that kind of guy), then stop complaining. I’ll kill as many deer as I want whenever I want as long as it’s legal. There’s nothing you or anybody else can do. Here’s another pro tip: opinions are like butt holes, everybody’s got them and most the time they stink. Have a good day!

Gooser, Winchester94 and EdLongshanks like this.
  6. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky

I’ve been thinking the same thing since duckhunting man showed up on scene in his defense. Dude backed himself up in the corner trying to defend his views hoping more would come along to back him up and when they never did he turned into a rabid raccoon That would rather die fighting totally Losing his street cred on the site and souring his name forever .Whether he’s made a second account or not Duckhunter man seems to know him personally and maybe their whole clan thinks this way. Are there any remote island Villages in Kentucky where they could all be stranded somehow with Internet access?

Gooser and Winchester94 like this.
  7. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I would be willing to guess he has more then 2 accounts. Probably likes to stir up stuff just to get everyone riled up. Like bgkyarcher

Gooser likes this.
  8. Bubbles

Bubbles Banned

Oct 25, 2016
    Exactly what i was thinking

Ataulbe1 and Gooser like this.
  9. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    So you a person that wants every deer killed and don't care about the people on the adjoining farms you want every deer dead. That why we don't have deer on a lot of our farms cause of people like you

10. Winchester94

Winchester94 Spike

Mar 21, 2016
    Put out feed and food plots. Then the deer will be safe on your farm. And nobody can kill them to feed the hungry.

Ataulbe1, Gooser and DH13 like this.
  11. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Where in the hell is your farm at???? Go talk to the ones around your farm and leave the rest of us a lone on OUR FARMS. I took half my Buck to the Black lady up the road. After gun season I will shoot a Doe with my Bow and give her half of it. Come Duck season she gets Ducks and Geese. You barking up wrong tree here. No Coons in it. FALSE TREE. Do what YOU WANT TO DO and LET THE RST OF US DO WHAT WE WANT TO DO. Then things would be better off.

12. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    If the farms in question are in Bracken county, that squarely in Zone 1. IF they don't have deer on them, then it's something acute with those farms, not KYDFW's policies. I hunt a couple next door in Pendleton and the difference in deer sightings between the two is 15-1, and they set across the road from each other. It all has to do with habitat. KYDFW doesn't micromanage counties by the square mile.

And despite your previous comments to the contrary, are you now saying that in fact, it's adjoining farms that are causing the low deer numbers? Hmm. If true, sounds like a neighbor problem, not a KYDFW problem.

What were those studies that KYDFW were going to conduct again?

Gooser likes this.
  13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    What did I do?

Feedman likes this.
  14. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Thanks.