Is it just me

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bow_hunter_42452, Sep 14, 2016.

1. 150PandY

150PandY BBBC Members

Sep 9, 2004
    Frankfort, KY, USA.
    I think one of the main reason a lot of the original members or the usual ones left was because of all the "Michael Wadell" wannabes who watch a few shows, read a few magazines, and put a prostaff sticker on there truck and think they know everything.
    Most of the crew that was here when I enjoyed it just wanted to hunt and have a good time they hunted big bucks but didn't think they were pros. It's all about antlers and products and effing hashtags#######. Errrrrr. Just hunt have a good time and let others do the same. If Joe snuffy kills a spike It's his tag, if he's happy with it, that's all that matters.
    I like to guess scores of bucks and hunt the biggest one on the farm I can hunt but if I eat a tag that's my business.

muddhunter and trust me like this.
  2. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    On the subject of leasing I don't care either way..landowners lease and people with money are gonna take it. Cant blame either of them..
    Most of you would not believe me when is say it but Ive been hunt'n on my own since I was about 7 years old. Many,many years Ive spent better than 200 days a year either on the water or in the hills doing everything Kentuckys outdoors has to offer..Growing up and early in life I had little money but what I did have was time,guns and fishing poles..I even worked the 4-12 shift for years so I could hunt and fish in the mornings..After all these years I have a hard time understanding the state of the outdoors today..Everythings backwards...Instead of it bringing friends and family closer together the quest for bone has driven many apart..Parents hauling kids up in stands,often holding the gun for them in a "vise" of some kind. Letting them shoot deer,snap a few pics and then off to the sausage plant. Often the kid will not lay hands on that deer unless its to hold its head up for a pic..Ive talked to kids at youth functions(and Im not making this up) who had shot deer every year since they were 8-9 years old but had never butchered one,never found it on their own and had never hunted small game..They could tell me how to set up a wireless trail cam but they could not point out the difference in a slick bark and a scaley bark hickory. No woodsmanship skills what so ever. Didn't even know how to sharpen a knife..Now that's their parents choice and none of my concern but god almighty I cant help but to believe that they are missing out on so much of the outdoors experience..

richief, Nock and trust me like this.
  3. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    You sound just like me. The commercialization of hunting is killing the sport.

4. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I totally agree with you guys.

KYBOY likes this.
  5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    so you have warmed up to crawdad poachers?

6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    rumor has it, either the Amish or NR hunters are killing off all the deer.

7. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Hell if someone has a big pocketful of money I got 200 acres I'd lease em. But they'd have to have big pockets hahaha

8. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    I miss those live from the stand post to. I got facebook but i really like this place. Im full of bologna 98 percent of the time but i mean no harm. Im a fun loving guy that literally is obsessed with hunting and trapping. I hunt my own land plus iv leased for ten years also. I love gettin kids on deerand turkey. Especially my own kids. I hate the commercialization of the sport we love as much as anybody but its here to stay unfortunately. Hunting and fishing should be about relaxing and fun if its anything else then we are not doing it right. Good group of guys on here but theres too many thin skinned vaginas here to

Nock and Farrier85 like this.
  9. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    OOSers, in state poachers, young guys who are enthusiastic, women who are too hot to hunt, people who work and have money to go where they want, anyone who hunts with a Xbow....

10. Cky hunter

Cky hunter Fawn

Feb 24, 2016
    This is an absolute shame and there are many hunters out there more than willing to put 7-8 does on the ground every year. I would even go so far as telling the land owner i wont shoot a buck.
    TE="Buford, post: 2037662439, member: 4578"]There aint much here anymore unless you want to hear endless intimate derailments from one poster. No thanks.
    All the action is on the facebook, but I am not a facebooker, so I do without. Habitat forum and watching stupid arguments is about all that's left for me.
    As far as people leasing land having more money than sense, I'd beg to differ. Leasing land is way smarter than buying if you ask me.
    And bitching about land leasing is a waste of time. Reality is that deer hunting is popular, and we still live in a world where people are free to lease the land they own.

I didn't own land for the first 20 years I hunted and always had an opportunity somewhere every year. The whining, bitching, and complaining from people with no where to hunt, and blaming others who have actually done something to improve their situation wears thin. No one owes you a place to hunt. Work around it.
    What is worse around here is that everyone says they'll shoot does, and then they just buck hunt. Every zone 1 landowner I know feels this way. And every zone 1 landowner I know has said forget it to letting people on, even in a lease, for this reason, especially those who rely on crops. No help is no help.[/QUOTE]
    Thjs

11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I intend to shoot 3 does and a buck this year. I may wind up with 4 does.... I'm trying to get a food bank deal going with our outreach program at church, Hope House in Bowling Green. If I get this going, I'd appreciate any of you near Bowling Green donating a deer to the cause. Still in the infancy at this point, but trying to get something started.

Nock likes this.
  12. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    I actually like this forum. I really like the long timers and there posts. I didn't have much cell service last year where I hunted, so this year is better with the new farm. So, I'll generally post more this year.
    I'm sure I'll get poked at, and made fun of, and called a liar, but that's part of it........ 120+............... Lol

13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    It's not as active as it once was, but it's still a good site. Some people are too thin skinned, some people are too harsh, and some people just seem to know everything(cough, I've been guilty of that). All in all, it's still a great site, but I do miss the old regulars that have been banned.

14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    This is my only social media. Long live the Ky Hunting Forum! #suckit Facebook #BiteMeTwitter

Not even sure if I hash tagged correctly but you get my point.

Mainbeam likes this.
  15. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Right there with you on that. I don't Facebook or Twitter or any of that stuff.