Is anyone considering a new tower or blind this season????

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Travis Davis, Jan 22, 2019.

1. preachnhunt

preachnhunt 6 pointer

Jan 8, 2009
    Garrard
    Go to facebook . @ Ky Hunting Blinds

2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    would love to have the elevated box blind we sat in during my sons Texas hunt. 18' to the floor. i'm sure it was a few thousand $$.

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
  4. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    These always remind me of porta potties for some reason. I guess its the poly look

5. cedar ridge

cedar ridge 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2015
    South Central KY
    Squirts Custom Hunting Blinds made in Crofton, KY. Best I’ve ever seen or used and a great guy to work with. Bow / gun combo (pictured) or gun only. Multiple size options. 8’ or 10’ platform. Steps and handrails if you want or a ladder if you prefer that. These things are rock solid. He’ll deliver them and put them up for you and they’ll be 100% level and anchored to the ground. The prices are amazing. Can’t build or buy anything comparable for the price. I’ve got 1 up and 4 more on the way. Got a buddy with 8 being built.

CCC07047-146B-4EA6-B7CB-E8D06D6C59A5.jpeg 0ABF8BBB-04E4-422B-A51C-A6FDF27C9C92.jpeg

Hillfarm, bondhu, xbokilla and 2 others like this.
  6. tcp7

tcp7 Fawn

Oct 30, 2013
    Does anyone have email addresses for either of these blind companies? That's by far the easiest way for me to get in touch with someone and I am interested in adding a tower blind. Thanks in advance!

7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    wasp proof?

8. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    They're both on Facebook. I looked them up.

9. cedar ridge

cedar ridge 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2015
    South Central KY
    Got mine up towards the end of the year while it’s cold but it’s real tight. Everything is caulked and he has foam weather stripping in between all the gun windows to keep it pretty well sealed. Still, I plan on keeping a citronella candle or a medicated cattle ear tag inside to keep most pests at bay. I’ve been in Redneck blinds and the plastic molded Sportsman Condos but these blinds checked every box for me. They’re less than 1/2 price of the Redneck and that’s delivered and put up. The pricing is in line with the Sportsman Condo but this blind is so stable and quiet that it’s like walking in your house. Windows are way nicer as well. I was sold the minute I went to his house and saw them being built as well as the finished product.

1wildcatfan and Genesis 27:3 like this.
  10. cedar ridge

cedar ridge 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2015
    South Central KY
    squirtsdeerblinds@yahoo.com

Squirt’s ‘real name’ is David Purdy. Absolutely great guy.

Genesis 27:3 likes this.
  11. theprofessor

theprofessor 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2013
    I think we all agree, by now, that every man can hunt however he wants, so long as it's legal, and it's not our place to say yea or nay, but...FFS, a/c and an ice machine and a tv? This reminds me of some of those ice-fishing shacks, with couches and whatnot. Hell, for $80,000, I think I'd build a HOUSE for $75k, and spend the other $5k on a dozen really good stands.

Sorry, when there's 18 bottles of literal, actual top shelf liquor, and air conditioning, etc, that's not what I call hunting any more.

Hillfarm likes this.
  12. 257Wmag

257Wmag 6 pointer

Oct 7, 2015
    NC
    I just bought a 4x6 blind from sportsman guide, all in with shipping it was $1200. Seems to be well made, haven't put it up yet but all you need to do is slide in the 4x4s, brace them and raise it. What I don't like about it is the windows fold down, not up so it won't keep rain out and the windows are also just cut out of the plastic. I've already cut pipe insulation to fit, should make for a better rest. May also need a piece of plywood for the floor so the chair rolls easier.

I'm getting older and sitting all day in a loc on is getting harder plus with the bad weather this should fit the bill on certain days. Putting it in a creek bottom where swirling winds have been hurting me, hopefully this will help keep some scent in.

Hillfarm likes this.
  13. Hillfarm

Hillfarm 6 pointer

Jan 24, 2019
    N. KY
    I was wanting a tower to sit over the orchard; and, this one seems the be the one, for our Hillfarm.
    My Dad hunted with us at 74 years old this past season. I am sure this will help him out by staying more comfortable. It should most certainly be an improvement, over a pop-up blind, that sat in a puddle every time rained (which has been often lately). At only 8' tall he shouldn't be have much trouble getting in, and out of it. At least he didn't have any issues with the demo model we tried last week.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  14. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I really don't know what anyone would want to spend the money in some of the prefab blinds.. I built my blind for under $300 and have limited carpentry skills, it sits on 12' 4x4s is 6' tall inside and 5x5 sq plenty of room for the wife and I a heater and anything else we need.. BTW I also have lots of free time, but basically built it in one day and set it up the next by myself. Would I like a redneck blind or TX tower sure but ain't paying that $$. To each his own..

15. Hillfarm

Hillfarm 6 pointer

Jan 24, 2019
    N. KY
    Can you post pictures of what you made? I would like to see it.