Irks me

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by teach27, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    They have been logging 400ac next to me. If it's bigger than 4" they are taking it. Opening day I crept along my line on that side of the farm. Sneak up on one of the loggers sitting on my side of the fence watching a hardwood shelf. Took his pic and ran him off. Drove down to the landing sight and found the foreman. Told him the warden will be by in a bit to ticket that guy. He had zero orange on to, shocking eh! As luck would have it they've been going for 3 months and all this past week they've been right on the edge of the property cutting.

Trapper Delk and bondhu like this.
  2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Was he sitting there with a rifle hunting with no orange on or was he sitting there in his work attire admiring the view from where he just took a steaming growler out of sight from the rest of the crew?

3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Hope you guys have made the effort to build relationships with neighbors. We call each other and talk when we have concerns about something the other has done. (We dont hang out or talk more than a handful of times a year so its not like we are best friends) If you haven’t put effort into getting to know them its partially your fault.

muddhunter likes this.
  4. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    I’m blessed to have great neighbors. For the most part we share cam pics and what we are passing and what’s a shooter. I’m pretty confident any of them would let me retrieve deer if needed. Hell One called me and said he was taking his daughter turkey hunting and I told him if he got one gobbling on us to go ahead and go after em.

5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Friend of mine has this problem. Guy has 200+ acres to hunt, mostly woods that goes down to the river. My friend has a small 5 acre finger of woods that joins him. Dude has ladder stand 15 yards from fence, facing him. My buddy got fed up and hung three large wind chimes on his side of fence two days before gun season. Also sweaty neon shirts hung up, and some stinky stuff too. Did it again this year. Hopefully the guy gets the message.

6. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Sounds like a very exciting and enjoyable way to hunt. :rolleyes:

7. teach27

teach27 6 pointer

Aug 27, 2004
    Henderson, Ky, USA.
    Yeah I’ve tried to build relationships. Introduced myself and putting it nicely the jack—- threatened me by telling me that I was trespassing He told me he knew the owner of the property and if I caught there the owner would prosecute me. My response was ‘my dad wouldn’t prosecute me.’ The next year the same guy said I was trespassing on him and told me he was going to kick my —- and kill me if I continued to trespass. I laughed but my dad didn’t find it funny.

carnivore likes this.
  8. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    Sounds like he needs a good attitude adjustment. Does that qualify as "rude behavior in a man"?

9. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I grew up neighbors could shoot on us and we shoot on them, nothing was ever said, everyone wants to be dicks about land now days it makes me sick,

10. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I was always taught we was to be good stewards of the land. God made it for everyone. We where to respect others and their property. By that I mean not leaving garbage, closing gates etc. I remember men coming out of the woods with rabbits and squirrels and coons etc. they would stop by and mom would go in and make coffee for them while dad would ask about how the hunt went and sometimes would take some of what they offered. Was no conversation of asking permission etc. We would be fishing and guys would float down creek and dad would ask them if they was fishing. They sad no ginsinging. Was no deer back then. Was diff times. I never lock my cabin door. I leave wood for the fire and I leave food and water in a cabinet for people who stop in. I’d rather a group of kids stop in and be bored then have a group of kids try to break in. All the surrounding land owners who have hunting cabins lock there’s and they are kicked in. We tell them not to. They all have had to learn the hard way. 90% of people that roam around these woods are just good ole boys out exploring. I don’t worry about it. Wouldn’t do any good if I did.

dirtstalker, Brody, Carl and 2 others like this.
  11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Same here. Deer hunting wasn’t a thing for us we walked for miles hunting small game. Would often run into the land owners who never cared. “Y’all seein anything? Well have fun.” What I’ve noticed where I grew up are people with money who bought and built in the country but honestly who give two chits about the outdoors or hunting. They are land hogs for the sake of being land hogs and wanting to say they own more than someone else. I know plenty, plenty that own a crapload of land, won’t let a person step foot on it, and yet won’t do nothing with it themselves. Just like to say they own it.

BootsOn27 and cedar creek like this.
  12. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    ??? How dare those low down snakes have a say in what goes on on *THEIR* land!!! The horror... The horror...

Junglekat, NOCAMST and Meatstick like this.
  13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I do think people buying up land so that others can’t access it only for the sake of owning land is horrible. It would be different if they were pro hunting/outdoors type people who just protected the land for their family and future generations, but unfortunately that’s not what I’ve witnessed. As a matter of fact, many in and around CKy that are buying the land are anti-hunting and most things outdoors. So for those people on here who want to talk about their bad neighbors putting blinds and stands near property lines or the neighbors who shoot everything and won’t let a deer grow, hey, just be glad they give a crap about utilizing the property period.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020 at 6:11 PM
    cedar creek likes this.
  14. NOCAMST

NOCAMST 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2017
    Central ky
    I feel like any person who purchases property shall do as they please if that just letting it grow up and not touch it. It’s there hard earned money spent they shall do what ever they feel like with it. Sure sounds like to me someone is upset over someone telling them they can’t hunt but that’s just my 2 cents worth

15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Nope. I have places to hunt and thankful for them. I’m also not speaking of “hard earned money” type folks. Those aren’t the ones I see buying up land. Only reason I’ve posted anything is to agree with our poster above who talked about hunting anywhere he wanted years ago and landowners weren’t d#cks. Even if I owned a million acres of my own, I’d still say those were better times. Things change. It is what it is.