Irks me

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by teach27, Nov 22, 2020.

1. teach27

teach27 6 pointer

Aug 27, 2004
    Henderson, Ky, USA.
    I know there’s really nothing you can do about it but yesterday I went to the back side of property. Right on the other side of the fence was a ground blind. They would have to trespass on us to get the deer if they shot since their openings face us. Guess I could a posted sign up saying you’re being watched on camera

2. howbouthemdawgs

howbouthemdawgs Fawn

Nov 27, 2018
    Gainesville,ga
    I have a stand on my line that faces into my property. Luckily the landowner said no one hunts it anymore as they lost permission but I still occasionally check it. So far so good as it has a pile of sticks on it so I feel confident. Anyway if I felt like it was being hunted I was going to hang a giant blue tarp 10’ up in some trees right in front of the stand and write no trespassing on it. Think they would get the hint.

3. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Great ideal!

4. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    1 day before opener. 2 foot wind chimes on your side usually helps

5. vMANG

vMANG Spike

Dec 20, 2017
    Taylorsville, KY
    Blue Tarp, great idea. Beat them at their own game.

6. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    I would most certainly put up a tarp or big sign or the wind chimes sounds great too. If you do put a camera up to watch it. If they don’t have any respect for you as a land owner they will cross the fence and take it down. Get a pic and they are had. Just a thought.

davers likes this.
  7. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

lmao

8. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Deer hunting makes people do stupid things on their own property and others.

9. hunt4him

hunt4him Fawn

Dec 6, 2010
    I know what you mean. I have a feeder in my yard about 70 yards from my house (I hunt out of my upstairs bedroom window)I own the woods behind the feeder for about another 40 yards. My neighbor owns the open field beyond that. The weekend before archery season opens, he comes to me and tells me that he put a stand on the fenceline behind my feeder and asked me not to shoot in that direction because he doesn’t want to get shot (he’s known for years that I hunt out of my house).

rockhousehunter likes this.
  10. he better be ready to duck

bondhu likes this.
  11. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Yeahhh boy and if I don’t have one I’d trade up for a browning auto. Been involved with a similar situation. When that automatic started barking. He was hugging that tree for dear life.

BootsOn27 likes this.
  12. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Answer: “Oh that shouldn’t be a problem, just make sure you’re wearing your blaze orange. Have a good day, sir.”

13. Huntin' Fool

Huntin' Fool 6 pointer

Oct 17, 2014
    Hopefully you would let them recover a deer if it ran on your property.

I hunt our fence lines all the time as thats the best spots. Fortunately neighbors don't hunt.

14. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    For his own good, tell him to let you know every time he is back there or there is no way for you to know.

15. captfire

captfire Spike

Oct 13, 2015
    tell him to duck!!!!!!