Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cedar creek, Jun 22, 2019.

1. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    How is this new situation going to play out?

2. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Status quo.

We are not going to war , no one wants that especially Trump..

Well maybe John Bolton does.

davers and DH13 like this.
  3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    john Bolton does not want a war.

But at the same time he DOES want the US to move from strength. That is the ONLY thing those over there understand. Or we could send them so many billions of cash and allow them to do what ever they wanted.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  4. You don’t deal with them, you don’t saber rattle with them, you draw a flipping line in the sand with your toe and you enforce it. The day they mined the tankers and then the day they shot down our drone would have been the day I sank their navy and destroyed as much of their military as I could missile pound if I were CIC. Trump runs his mouth too much.

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    John Bolton is a well known war hawk and has been advocating bombing Iran for.
    What bothers me about this is Iran and Russia are allies and would russia get involved (which is biblical BTW)

And why don't we care about the real biggest sponsor of terror in the region the Saudis..

DH13 likes this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Look over the last 6-8 months. You have John Kerry, Valerie Janet and other people from Obama going over there and talking to the Iran's. What the hell were they doing over there???? Now look at the last 2-3 weeks. It's like it was al playing out a certain way.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Being a war hank does NOT mean they push for war. But if war does come then history shows those are the people we want.

Churchill, Lee, Eisenhower, Thatcher, Reagan, were just some off the top of my head that were well known "war hanks" but reading their history and their writings they ALL NEVER wanted war.

We have proof Iran sponsors terrorists plus I watched it all live on TV over the years going back to Carter.

Why should it bother you about Russia and Iran being biblical????? Doesn't He come back after that???????

8. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    True but I don't want some idiot like John Bolton trying to hasten Jesus return..

The others you mentioned were not War Hawks but rather those you would want in your corner if we go to war..

John Bolton is a true war Hawk and actually lives for conflict.

From the dictionary
    war hawk

"a person who clamors for war"

John Bolton and Mike Pompeo are the hawks behind Trump’s Iran policy and both need to be kicked to the curb.. If not the result is an increasingly dangerous standoff with Iran that could spiral into a wider, devastating conflict.

DH13 and grouseguy like this.
  9. And proved it again today by backing down from his mass deportations of illegals threat smh. IDGAF who’s mad, illegal is illegal and shouldn’t need a threat, it should be daily policy. Don’t get me wrong, sure I prefer him to the alternative but man he blows a lot of hot air.

JR in KY and DH13 like this.
  10. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Excuse me. I'm old enough to remember and read it in the history books that every one of those men and woman I listed WERE called war hawks. Unless you read a re-written history book you should easy find them.

Well at last you got a couple likes from the left.

Do you realize John Bolton was the US Ambassador to the United Nations at one time. He could have easy gotten us in any war though that, yet he did not.

Christians accept the day when He comes no mater the date. That does not mean they are going to jump on the button to speed it up but at the very same time they will not stop it. Unless they really question. I've always known that since I was 5 years old.

00noturkey and barney like this.
  11. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    He said he was giving the Democrats a chance to work out a bill on the border. If they refuse to then he uses their refusal in the 2020 election and at the same time start the arrests up again.

slobear, davers and barney like this.
  12. slobear

slobear 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    We will see. He should take some senators on a plane ride and splain some things about bridges Worked before

barney, hotdog and drakeshooter like this.
  13. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I think trump avoided 2 major possible problems, Iran war and it would have got nasty trying to herd the illegals up, violence and civil unrest in both situations, just my thoughts, better ways to go about both problems, let the CIA and NSA do there job, as far as the illegals it should be handled but an all out roundup probably would result in a domestic fire fight, and upcoming election probably had him slow his role to, going to be interesting how this plays out, hopefully peacefully, the amigos he was going after don’t play around, Iran conflict would domino effect a lot of shit there in the Middle East, we have eyes and ears trust the military intelligence.

barney likes this.
  14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    The Never Trumpers and radial Democrats ALL said Trump was dragging us into a war with Iran, now they say he's a coward and backed down making the US less safe.

THAT IS SHEEP!!!!

barney and slobear like this.
  15. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Trump complains aides he hired are trying to push him into war with Iran, says report: 'It's so disgusting'
    [​IMG] Zamira Rahim,The Independent 3 hours ago
    Donald Trump has reportedly complainted that his closest advisers “want to push [the US] into a war” with Iran, following his decision to cancel military strikes against the Islamic Republic.

“These people want to push us into a war, and it’s so disgusting,” the US president said about his inner circle of aides, according to The Wall Street Journal.

“We don’t need any more wars.”

Mr Trump is said to have made the remarks about his administration officials to a confidant, in a private conversation on Friday.

The 73-year-old chose to hire hawkish aides such as John Bolton, his national security adviser, who is a longtime advocate of regime change in Iran.

Mike Pompeo, the US secretary of state, also advocates hardline positions against the Middle Eastern country.

But the president abruptly cancelled planned military strikes on three Iranian targets on Thursday.

He claimed he did so after learning that 150 people would be killed in the strikes, which were planned in response to Iran shooting down an unmanned US drone.

Tehran claims the drone was struck above its own waters, while the US argues that it was attacked above international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz.

US military forces launched a cyber attack against Iran’s army computer systems on Thursday in response to the drone’s loss.

Tensions between the US and Iran have steadily been rising over oil tanker attacks in the strait, for which the US believes Iran is responsible.

Mr Trump told White House reporters on Saturday that he disagreed with his team over Iran.

“John Bolton is doing a good job, but he takes generally a tough posture,” he said.

“The only one that matters is me.”

The president also discussed Mr Bolton’s support of the Iraq war and told reporters the conflict had been a big mistake.

Mr Trump also said that unspecified new sanctions would be enforced against Iran on Monday but struck a softer tone when discussing the diplomatic crisis.

“The fact is we’re not going to have Iran have a nuclear weapon,” he said.

“And when they agree to that, they are going to have a wealthy country, they’re going to be so happy and I’m going to be their best friend.”