Investing for retirement

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Strutter, Jan 22, 2021.

1. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    No way , no how. Where did it come from? What is it backed by? How are you going to stop governments from stopping it when they find , they will not put up with currency competing? My nephew owns 10 of the coins, bought at 100 bucks each, like you he is a believer, and I have no problem with that, but he still could not answer just these basic questions, not to mention, many others that will eventually come to pass.

PUBLIC RAT likes this.
  2. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Yes way—-Yes how. Apparently you’re capable of using the Internet to access this hunting site why don’t you put them fingers to use and do some research. It’s backed by millions of computers all linked together throughout the entire world. No one computer can affect the entire group it’s called a block chain more secure than anything your current bank account and 401(k) that’s linked to domestic servers can offer. Your still thinking inside the box my friend. The US government is scared Which they should be Financials of the United States government is the biggest fuckng joke ever right now, They can’t control it, Tesla bought bitcoin two months ago under the radar it’s just now being open air. A lot of big world companies are doing the same it’s just not disclosed yet. I’m not here to argue with those uncapable of understanding due to lack of research. Stay in your lane I’m fine with that.

drakeshooter, carnivore and Meatstick like this.
  3. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I also understand that the law as written, the Government can shut it's use down in a minute. Other than an investment, to use it, it still must be turned into Fiat. A two lane street can be turned into a one lane street, just by painting an arrow and hanging a sign.

4. beauhunter41031

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    The title of this thread is investing for retirement. I realize we got older generations that are set in their ways very comfortable with their current deal but we also Have to realize that things change, Heck General Motors just put out that their goal to only produce electric Vehicles by 2035. For the younger members that will be around in 30 years we’re not gonna be using paper money and no one’s gonna be packing around gold coins and silver bullion. You just have to except the fact that this is a thing. A currency is only as good as the trust it has. Was everyone complaining when we started using paper money? Well this is the new thing get used to it

Nock and Meatstick like this.
  5. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    He's right fellas. I'm playin with it myself, have been for a pretty good while. Everything is a risk, but I ain't even skeered of this one.

6. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    My best advice is save until it hurts. It's nice to have expensive cars, etc, but it's nicer to be comfortable when you're retired.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    PUBLIC RAT likes this.
  7. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    How do you view crypto any different from stocks? Value is given to stocks just like crypto. It’s what people are willing to pay in order to own a share. The best part is that the government doesn’t regulate it. If it was to ever get shutdown. It’d be purely because they don’t like competition or making money on it themselves. With all the direct deposits, debit cards, online bill payments being the same. They don’t actually transfer cash or gold. It’s all digital....

8. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    If its all digital, then i really dont trust it. We are too dependent on computers as it is. If something bad ever happens ...., no, WHEN something bad does happen, computers wont function, and you have nothing.

PUBLIC RAT and KYote-Krusher like this.
  9. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    Diversify, long term food, guns, ammo, cash/savings, gold, crypto.
    Notice the order I put them in.
    One good cyber attack and savings / crypto may be unaccessible for quite a while. We depend on the digital and the power grid way too much.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  10. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

That's what worries me also ... no internet, no computers, no phones .... NO MONEY ... cyber or otherwise.

As easy as it apparently is to hack these giant computer systems ... what are you going to do when it all collapses some day?

They'll reboot everything sooner or later and you'll say, "Where's my money??!!" and they'll say, "What money?". :(

baknblack likes this.
  11. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I never said it was different than a stock, as I stated an investment I can see, as in order to get in, you must buy with fiat currency, to get out, you must take fiat currency. There exist many , many people who see this as a dollar replacement, that will not happen, and as far as the Government not regulating Crypto, get ready, that is already being drawn up, they just need to figure out which government alphabet will be the overlord.
    You are correct in everything being digital on transfers, yet if I transferred money to another account, I can go (right now) to a bank and get that money in my hand. When I get in my safe, I grab a gold coin, or a silver coin, I can hold that in my hand, it's liquid and accepted around the globe and hack proof, if the lights ever go out, it will still be there. Harking back to an old sayin "If you can't hold it, You really don't own it". All this is just my opinion, I have no trust left in the system, nor any trust in the government, when fiat dies, "And it will", governments will go back to the metals and start over again, we are teetering on the brink of that as we type.

12. beauhunter41031

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    No Internet no phones no computers in the United States is a problem for you
    I have a digitalwallet on a physical harddrive. I could remove it, swim across the damn ocean and put it in a computer. The worries you mentioned above are exactly how it go down with your bank account and all investments for retirement that is strictly here in the United States on the giant computer systems you speak of. Not likely that the entire world will lose electricity at the same time therefore my “digital gold” can be accessed from France or Egypt or the freaking North Pole. If something bad happens in America it might be the only thing I’ve got

13. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2014

14. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Heard a man say something that has stayed with me. It can apply here when a power grid collapse happens. He said take snap photos of your accounts and balances, when you take a new one delete the old. If and when the grid starts back up you have a record. Risky yes,but better than crossing your fingers hoping it's still there.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  15. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I still think burying mason jars is a good backup plan.