Introduction, Maintenance and Ideas

KHAdmin

8 pointer
Aug 17, 2012
My name is Phil and I am going to be spending a lot of time on this forum starting today. Those of you that know Joey and Chad, may know they are extremely busy so they have asked me to assist with this forum. Please feel free to message me anytime, however if it is a concern with a certain user, please message a Moderator first.

With all that said, do any of you have an ideas for the forum? Rather it's maintenance concerns or new ideas for improving the site?

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
Phil, the banners are getting a bit big. Fauntleroy is the only guy advertising here so its not like those ads are competing for attention among others.

First thing I noticed when I opened the forum on my phone was how far I had to scroll down to get past them.

You got a captive audience, no need to beat us over the head with the banners. Plus it slows down the loading of the pages.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
Glad you got rid of one of the banners. Now to really make it right move the banner above the "file path" (I know that isn't what it is called) stuff so that the banner doesn't get in the way of navigating.

"ForumForum help, hints and tipsForum questions and helpIntroduction, Maintenance and Ideas" < This stuff. Move the banner above it.

AteUp

12 pointer
Mar 14, 2004
Luavul
There's nothing wrong with the banners. Use the tapatalk app if you are on a mobile device and you won't see them. he can't optimize the forum for your phone.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
There's nothing wrong with the banners. Use the tapatalk app if you are on a mobile device and you won't see them. he can't optimize the forum for your phone.

Yeah I noticed it was much different from phone to PC. No problem.

I used tapatalk before for some forums but really did not like it. I guess I got so used to seeing the forum on PC I couldn't swing it.

I jsut don't want to see this forum littered up the way crappie.com has become. It takes forever to load a page with all the ads on it. Plus it has those "in-post" ads that slide the post way to the left. Those suck.

KHAdmin

8 pointer
Aug 17, 2012
Are the changes an attempt to justify a salary? Worked for 10 plus years fine the way it was.

It will work regardless how the site looks. If you do not like the way it looks, please voice your suggestion/s. The changes are easy to make, for instance if the everyone hates the green, please suggest which color you would like and I will remember that the next time I am in the ACP. As for as justifying a salary, no. Changes are an attempt to change the look only. Thank you for voicing your opinion! :D

Latest posts