Insulated bibs

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kyoutdoorsman, Nov 14, 2018.

1. adamky

adamky 6 pointer

Sep 10, 2008
    Daviess County
    And if anyone is interested in the first lite stuff they are having a big sale starting Tuesday 20-50% off of everything. Just a little heads up.

Ataulbe1 and RLWEBB like this.
  2. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    My buddy was at rural king Last week and they had some camouflage Lincoln brand insulated bibs for $50 and a similar insulated jacket for 50 bucks and after purchasing those went to Cabela’s in Lexington and compared the quality even up with bibs were twice the money, I’m not hunting -20° by any chance but he recommended I take $100 up there and buy a pair just for back ups

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  3. Groundhog14

Groundhog14 Fawn

Nov 2, 2018
    Oldham County
    Here's some links for the MT050 gear. I picked up the MT050 Parka and bibs two seasons ago. Fantastic gear, just don't do much activity in them, you will sweat.

Cabela's

https://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=mt050&CQ_zstype=REG
    Note: the parka is not showing on the Cabela's website?

Bass Pro
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Sea...&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

I pair the MT050 gear with the Cabelas Predator Extreme PAC boots
    https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cab...eg-Break-Up-Infinity-reg/1217229.uts?slotId=1

4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    was n cabelas today. there was some MT050 on the racks. not a lot, but they had a bunch of Redhead crap hanging up.

5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    First Lite make awesome garments. I have some of their Merino wool base layers. For bibs, I currently use Browning Hydro Fleece and they work well. I have the 3 in 1 Hydro Fleece parka but last year I got a Sitka Fanatic jacket. Let me tell you, Sitka is the bomb. I use the Fanatic now along with Sitka gloves and head gear. Going to switch to Sitka Fanatic bibs next year. Anyway, check out Sitka. You won’t be disappointed.

6. kriggs

kriggs 6 pointer

Jan 23, 2016
    This fall I picked up a pair of Arctic Shield boot blankets. Good timing with the temps on opening firearms weekend. They worked great, slip over my boots easily, drop a small hand warmer in and your feet are good. They're not bulky and don't hinder movement in your stand.

columbia whitetail likes this.
  7. Bubbles

Bubbles Banned

Oct 25, 2016
    I have some Walmart specials from a decade ago. They are nothing special but they do the job...they are very warm. I dont move around a whole lot when wearing them so they experience no wear and tear. However, I bought my son a pair from Academy Sports last year or 2 yrs ago and I was extremely impressed with the quality. Reinforced in stress areas, heavy duty webbing, some kind of extra thick and touch material on the knees, etc for a grand total of 40 bucks...same price I paid for mine. Although I dont NEED them right now, i am sorely tempted to buy a pair.

By the way...bought a pair from Cabelas before the Academy pair and both clasps broke on the first wash. I told the customer service person at Cabelas when I returned them that they were a POS and should take them off the rack.

8. RKF11

RKF11 8 pointer

Apr 9, 2010
    Southeastern KY
    Well worth the $$

9. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Got a pair of Walls in the old original Mossy Oak pattern. Dad dug em out of a pile of “trash” they were going to throw away on a construction site. Yep I wear layers under them but my cheap arse ain’t gonna spend a load as long as they are working for me. I need to break down and get some updated warmer ones but I’m always like, “Maybe next year.”

10. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    you're going real high dollar.

bearleft likes this.
  11. elmucho277

elmucho277 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2009
    northern ky
    I've been using Arctic Shield bibs and jacket for over 10 years. They are very warm and good quality. Just like some of the others, don't do too much activity when wearing them or you will sweat your @$$ off.

12. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    I'm out right now .sitting in a blind all bundled up. Only thing cold is my feet I know Cabela's has there line of boots. Anybody tried them out.

13. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 10 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Got mine 10 or 12 years ago at Walmart, they are Remington brand , got a heavy weight and a lighter weight for temps above 35-40 degrees. Both sets of bibs and jackets have been great for hunting and plowing the driveway. Still use them, sometimes the grandson uses them too!

14. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    If you were gonna buy a new pair of boots for cold feet and something that would last rubber or leather .What would buy

15. Bubbles

Bubbles Banned

Oct 25, 2016
    As luck would have it, the zipper on my bibs busted out a few minutes ago. Looks like I have an excuse for a new pair.

They are Walls. Wear something for 10-15 years and they fall apart. Shaking my head. ;)