Insulated bibs

Gixxerjoe04

10 pointer
Dec 14, 2010
Lexington, KY
I can't remember what brand I have, they seem nice but I still wear my black carhartt bibs when it's real cold or windy out, they never let me down. Of course I'm in a blind so camo doesn't matter to me. I really want to get nicer/warmer camo stuff but since what I got works I just stick to them to save money.

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
Cabellas MT050 parka and bibs.
Any idea if they are going to still sell these with the merger with BP? I finally decided to upgrade my 16 year old Parka this year when they went on sale after season, and dont see them on their website anywhere. Just Redhead stuff now.

kc4sox

6 pointer
Nov 16, 2014
London Kentucky
Any idea if they are going to still sell these with the merger with BP? I finally decided to upgrade my 16 year old Parka this year when they went on sale after season, and dont see them on their website anywhere. Just Redhead stuff now.

I bought mine years ago. I can’t see why they would discontinue them. By the way they are without a doubt the best cold weather gear I’ve bought. Cabellas clothing is top tier.

ETA: I just looked there still on the website

Last edited:

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Yes they sell them still. I was there a couple weeks ago and the had them for $197. I’m probably going to get a set since my daughter works there and can get a 45% discount.

KY Swamp Beagler

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2011
the swamps of western KY
I’ve got a pair of Browning bibs that work for me. Honestly, I can’t say they are much better warmth-wise than my insulated Carhartt bibs. I like them because they come up higher on me than the Carhartt pair. They definitely repel rain better than the Carhartt’s.

I have a pair of Lacrosse with 800 grams of insulation in them, but my feet got cold opening day, so no help there I’m afraid. For our typical gun season weather they work fine.

turkeyhunter91

12 pointer
Apr 3, 2007
I ordered a set of bibs from midway this year and so far I really like them. There really warm and i got them while on dale for around 70 i believe. boots I use lacrosse alphaburly 1600 if it's cold or uninsulated for warm weather.

adamky

6 pointer
Sep 10, 2008
Daviess County
First lite sanctuary bibs and Woodbury jacket. Both awesome in my opinion. Quiet quiet and more quiet. Wind proof and stretch and bend your step. First year for me and to me they are much better than Sitka and quite a bit cheaper.

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
I bought mine years ago. I can’t see why they would discontinue them. By the way they are without a doubt the best cold weather gear I’ve bought. Cabellas clothing is top tier.

ETA: I just looked there still on the website
All I see is the rain gear. not the cold weather stuff

Latest posts