Instant Pot Recipes????

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Lady Hunter, May 1, 2020.

1. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Kids got us one for Christmas & so far, the only thing I've managed to fix in it is a seafood "boil" (taters, corn, shrimp, sausage, crawfish).

Needless to say, I'd like to use it for more but have no idea where to start. Any recipes? Especially venison or chicken? Preferably not soups because we have a ton of canned soups already in the pantry & are starting to burn out on the whole soup thing - we wanna chew!!!

2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    If you want to chew, throw some deer meat in there. You’ll get your fill of chewing. I’ve yet to find something besides chili that is edible out of one of those things. Good luck and let us know if you find a good recipe.

Winchester94 and slobear like this.
  3. chadwimc

chadwimc 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Squirrel barbeque. Put the squirrels in the instapot for about 20 minutes. I use chicken broth but water will work. When its done, let the pressure bleed off by itself. Remove the squirrels, then shred the meat. Add your favorite barbeque sauce, then heat everything back up. Serve on a bun with cole slaw and mac and cheese... I'm sure deer or chicken would work just as well...

squirrel barbeque1.jpg

Attached Files:

drakeshooter, Lady Hunter and bondhu like this.
  4. chadwimc

chadwimc 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Yer doin' something wrong...

remman2, drakeshooter and muddhunter like this.
  5. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    Had some turkey legs yesterday using this same method. They were delicious.

Lady Hunter likes this.
  6. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    must be.

7. chadwimc

chadwimc 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    "Squirrel Chili" the same recipe as with chicken or turkey...
    squirrel chili4.jpg squirrel chili3.jpg squirrel chili2.jpg squirrel chili1.jpg

Feedman likes this.
  8. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    I have to agree. I use them when working away but would prefer about any other at home. Pretty much everything tastes the same, like boiled meat.

muddhunter and Winchester94 like this.
  9. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    My wife cooks a lot of chicken in ours. I get off anytime between 3 and 7 so she has a hard time planning dinner. With the instant pot she can throw something in there and it's hot and ready by the time I get home. Ome of my favorites is salsa chicken on tortillas, but she's made a bunch of good stuff. Usually just throwing together what we have in the cabinet.

drakeshooter and 1wildcatfan like this.