insert glue

sheperd

10 pointer
Nov 4, 2003
Bardstown, Ky
I'm changing to fixed blades for the first time in years. What kind of glue works best with carbon arrows to allow you to tune the broadheads. I've been using two part epoxy with my mechanicals and I never had to worry about turning the insert after the fact. I always used hot melt with alluminum, but not good for carbons.

thanks
David

keith meador

Got the Spotted Fever
Sep 18, 2003
Grindstone Branch, KY, USA.
if you are using an all carbon arrow you may get several responses....if you spin check your shafts with the broadhead installed in the insert, you will need to pull the broadhead, insert a field point and heat the field point only to the point you can turn the insert. heat kills carbon, so be very careful. i use regular hot melt for inserts. if you like aligning the blades with the vane, not really a necessity, you can also do that using hot melt.

most all carbon arrow inserts are very long, so tuning may not be an issue. if your local dealer tries to sell you inserts for an acc 3-60, ask for the longer inserts made for all carbon arrows. this also helps with FOC due to the additional weight of the longer insert.

RutNBuck

12 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
Northern Ky
spoke to the folks at goldtip a few years back

they reccommended JB Weld
when applied to the insert slowly twist the insert so this makes a groove effect to help keep the insert more secure and allow to dry 6-12 hours , i been using this method and have had great results....dont have to worry about your insert coming out thats for sure

tyshe17

12 pointer
May 4, 2007
another idea that I use (bc I like to use the two part appoxy or superglue) is to use the small o-rings from thunderheads (or a hardware store) to allign my blades. Every year I do this and every year my muzzys hit with my field points...pretty good for a broadhead some people say they can never get to shoot well.

Latest posts