Info requested for Bow hunting Fort Knox

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ksmith, Oct 13, 2020.

1. ksmith

ksmith Fawn

Jul 28, 2009
    Haleiwa, Hawaii
    Good afternoon Ya’ll,
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    I haven’t been on in ages! Im still Active Duty Army and recently got stationed in Nashville. I have yet to hunt Fort Knox but I’m planning to bow hunt there this weekend, hopefully with my 15 year old son. I’ve been trying to call the hunt control office but only get the we’re closed for COVID voice recording.
    Any of you out there subject matter experts on the ins and outs of bow hunting Fort Knox? Any and all pointers are greatly appreciated.
    I Hope everyone is blessed this hunting season.
    I can also be reached by email @ [email protected] or By cell
    @ 808-721- three six two two.

Thank you

2. kriggs

kriggs 6 pointer

Jan 23, 2016
    As active duty you can just buy a tag and go hunt any open area. All the info, area forecast and checkin/out is online. Go to ftknox.isportsman.net. You can create an account then look for open areas, reserve a spot or check in. They have some additional gun hunts for active duty so check out the season dates. I work on ft knox and hunt it some. It can be good at times and very frustrating at times. Good luck.

3. ksmith

ksmith Fawn

Jul 28, 2009
    Haleiwa, Hawaii
    Thank you. So I have an iSportsman account but I was looking for information on my 15 year old son hunting. I purchased my permit but i don’t see an option to purchase a permit for him. So I wasn’t sure if he could even bow hunt? I also wanted to get info about the youth hunt the following weekend? And also to hopefully get pointed in the right direction in finding a place to best set up for a chance at success? Plan to hunt it a bunch this season now that I’m only 2 hours away and my sister just got stationed there.
    Thank you

4. Dan99

Dan99 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2015
    You need to create an isportsman account for him. The staff at hunt control need to validate the account (i.e., that he is your dependent) then you'll be able to purchase his permits through his account. If you are both hunting an area, you'll each sign in with isportsman.

5. jeffcojoe

jeffcojoe 6 pointer

I believe you both are going to need KY Non-resident Licenses and Deer Tags. He can buy the Junior one.

Youth gun may be out as you are going to need to register the firearm used with Ft Knox and turn around on those is about a week plus and must be submitted in person. You register it in your name and have hunt control attach to his account as well.