infested

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by scout8, Feb 5, 2009.

1. scout8

scout8 Spike

Jan 8, 2009
    Lewis Co. KY
    What would be the easiest way to trap a couple of coons? They keep on wiping out my feeders....

2. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Fastest way to get rid of them is get you a trapper that knows what he's doing or a houndsman with good dogs that must kill everyone he trees in order to hunt.

3. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    Just get you a live trap and in 3 days you will have 3 coons. Put it right next to the feeder. If you where near Breck Co I would come help.

4. scout8

scout8 Spike

Jan 8, 2009
    Lewis Co. KY
    Thanks.....I borrowed some live traps and baited them with sardines, so hopefully I will have some luck, I have been getting pics of atleast 4 coons.

5. kenny2567

kenny2567 Fawn

Mar 1, 2009
    Coon bait

i use peanut butter they love it and it stays on the pedal !

6. styxvalleydan

styxvalleydan Spike

Jun 15, 2008
    i was once told that fishy smells have a tendency to attract other game such as skunk and possum i have always had great success with an apple cut in half. especialy if your trapping under a feeder, u really dont need the fishy scent to attract them, and most of the time a possum or skunk are not interested in an apple....most of the time good luck

7. AnyHunt

AnyHunt Spike

Jan 15, 2008
    trapping

I agree about fishy. We used to catch a lot of cats, opossums and other small game. We started using marshmallow cream and it seems to work well on coons and decreases catching other junk.

8. balesrd513

balesrd513 Fawn

Mar 30, 2009
    how far away are you from northern kentucky id be interested in taking care of them ole coons for you

9. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Whenever I get a raccoon causing mischief I set out one of those cage traps with some dry cat food in it. It works every time.

10. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    I have used cat food in a can and it has worked great. last year I set the trap four times and got 4 coons........I then " relocated" them :)