Indian Venison Curry

Brutus Hedgeapple

10 pointer
Jul 30, 2002
South Central Ky.
After eatin at an Indian restaurant in Lex a couple times, I had to try it myself. Well I've figured it out with my own recipe that we really have been lovin. Been usin canned venison for this.

1 pint of canned venison
1 onion
1 can coconut milk
1 TBS curry powder
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp grated garlic
1/4 tsp turmeric
white pepper to taste
salt to taste
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 cup chopped cashews
Big heaping TBS of peanut butter

Saute onion till clear in olive oil or whatever. Ad all the spices and stir fry for a minute. Add coconut milk and peanut butter and stir till mixed in. Add canned venison. I drained about half the juice first. I try not to stir too much so the venison doesn't break apart. Cover and lower heat to simmer for 5 minutes stirring just a couple times. Ad the cashews.

Serve over rice. When I made this for myself, I added 1/4 tsp of cayenne, but since my wife has "wussified" me, I omitted it from the family recipe.

Shiz-Nit

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2009
Follow the yellow brick road
Looking your receipe over and it sounds dang good!!! I would sub a nice table spoon fresh ginger instead of powder ginger, add a pinch red pepper flakes and a squeeze of lemon grass (you can pick it up at krogers in the produce in a squeeze tube).
And since I like a bit more heat I would add more curry the green or red curry works best for my taste.

Thanks I will try this!!!

Last edited:

Brutus Hedgeapple

10 pointer
Jul 30, 2002
South Central Ky.
Looking your receipe over and it sounds dang good!!! I would sub a nice table spoon fresh ginger instead of powder ginger, add a pinch red pepper flakes and a squeeze of lemon grass (you can pick it up at krogers in the produce in a squeeze tube).
And since I like a bit more heat I would add more curry the green or red curry works best for my taste.

Thanks I will try this!!!

I usually don't keep fresh ginger around. If I know ahead that I'm makin it I'll get some. Thanks.

SmokeShow

10 pointer
Nov 11, 2013
Browsing this forum before lunch has my stomach CHURNING like no other.

Some great sounding/looking meals!

Latest posts