In the market for a Burris Eliminator?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by ManofManyStangs, Dec 25, 2019.

1. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Let us know how it does. Interesting concept for sure and the reviews look good. I’m skeptical though but that don’t mean nothing. Hopefully you can tell us how good it is.

ManofManyStangs likes this.
  2. ManofManyStangs

ManofManyStangs 6 pointer

May 4, 2009
    I have researched the heck out of them. When I seen this one $700 off i felt good enough to pull the trigger. I will post a full review when I get it.

RLWEBB likes this.
  3. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I’ve seen some of the tv hunters use them and they seem to work.

4. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Exactly how does it work

5. ManofManyStangs

May 4, 2009
    Uses a laser for range finder input your ammo ballistics and it will account wind and yardage to adjust for perfect shot. Look it up on youtube. I have read a ton of reviews.

RLWEBB likes this.
  6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Probably wont matter to most, but these smart scopes disqualify any animal from entry in B&C.

7. ManofManyStangs

May 4, 2009
    I bet that will change down the road. Just curious it may still be the case but at one point did 70% let off on a bow disqualify you as well? It may still, not sure but something I had heard a long time ago. Could've been a lie.

8. ManofManyStangs

May 4, 2009
    TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES
    B&C is in support of technological advances in hunting equipment and techniques as long as these tools do not undermine a positive public image of hunting and diminish the skills necessary to be a fair and responsible hunter, or set a bad example for young hunters.

Just googled this. Copied from this website:https://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/position_statements.asp?area=bgRecords

No clue if these scopes are part of this or not.

9. ManofManyStangs

May 4, 2009
    Found it kinda conflicting:

III. Use of electronic communication devices to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities, thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls or cameras/timers/motion tracking devices that transmit images and other information to the hunter;

10. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Eff the book anyway. I remember when 80% letoff bows first hit the market. Half of them had an optional 65% letoff module, with the disclaimer that 80% would disqualify your future book entries. Try to buy a compound bow with 65% letoff today lol

11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Here ya go. Pretty clear.
    PhotoPictureResizer_200101_230758827_crop_972x772.jpg