In the big picture this is nothing - but it still makes me mad

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by timer, Jan 14, 2020.

1. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    Went in to Wendy's in Lawrenceburg on Sunday to get a bowl of chili. Three bowls went out while I was waiting for mine. All three were so full they were running over.

When I get mine it's about an inch from the top of the container. It looked about 3/4 full (seriously!). In the overall scheme of things, this is no big deal and I should just let it go, but it makes me mad....The kid behind the counter points to some invisible line in the cup and says it's full. I asked him if he really wanted to debate the issue when I'd seen three bowls go out running over. He begrudgingly put a little more in my bowl.

It's happened before. If Wendy's doesn't want to give you the amount the container holds, they should use smaller containers - or charge more.

Are there silly things that set any of you off?

Winchester94 and kyoutdoorsman like this.
  2. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    You are correct. I do the same thing, when I order a large fry I want them poking out of the McDonald's container not half full. You are correct about the chilli. I have questioned it to. If you buy a small you get just as much as a full

3. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Usually an 9 oz bowl holds 8 oz. BUT if thats how they serve it thats how they serve it. We used to say the soup should be about a dimes size from the rim. It's more a safety spillage thing.

4. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I was in the side by side going down to get the mail last week. As I get towards the bottom of the driveway, I see a car parked there blocking my driveway entrance. I smell dope so I know what they are doing. As I get to the car they see me (I know who they belong to), they throw about a kitchen bag of trash out the window and peel off. Based on their coffee can muffler I can hear them turn into the driveway bout 2/3 mile away I know they belong to. I put on some nitrile gloves go thru the trash, find something that looks like a baggie that holds meth or coke. Load the trash up and go to their house and knock on the door. Gave it to dad and the baggie. Told him it ain't the first time they've done this just the first time I've caught em in the act. From what I understand dad kicked some 16yr old asses. Yesterday they were cleaning trash from along the road that goes past my driveway with dad in the truck watching them. I told him I appreciate good parenting. Had they not just dumped all that trash out in front of my face nothing would have happened but they had to be assholes in front of my face. That tripped my trigger.

5. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    Good for you, and good for that Dad too.

nat103 likes this.
  6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Obviously you're being discriminated against. I'd protest at the site and get on social media to organize a boycott. Maybe set up a gofundme page. A good behind the counter fight seems to be a thing now also. Show that kid you're not playing, being shorted 4-5 spoonfuls of chili will not be tolerated. Don't worry about the spit that just went in your bowl. :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Munson and KY Swamp Beagler like this.
  7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Good for Dad.

nat103 likes this.
  8. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Gotta tell ya, that doesn't surprise me one bit about that Wendy's. We gave up on that place a long time ago.... Sandwiches that were supposed to be warm were cold, cold ones were warm, burgers missing stuff, cold fries, and nothing but attitude out of the kids working there... NOT WORTH IT.

However, in response to your question, one that really sets me off is when you have to wait 15-20 minutes to be seated at a restaurant when you can literally SEE half the tables in the place sitting empty. (We usually just walk out & go somewhere else...)

timer and kyoutdoorsman like this.
  9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    It's just a bunch of kids working fast and whatever lands in the bowl goes out the door. There's not a lot of care or thought going into it.

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  10. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    However, in response to your question, one that really sets me off is when you have to wait 15-20 minutes to be seated at a restaurant when you can literally SEE half the tables in the place sitting empty. (We usually just walk out & go somewhere else...

Someone has been to Cracker Barrel.

11. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    That happened at cracker barrel the other day. Worst customer service. But did have the best collard greens

12. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Sounds normal. An emotional mix of a craving for Wendy's chili and plain ol' hanger.

Ataulbe1, Lady Hunter and Meatstick like this.
  13. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    1 inch of chili? That's what you are upset about?

Meatstick and RLWEBB like this.
  14. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    I hate going to a drive thru and being told to pull up and wait for my order while the guy behind me gets his. Never fails at Mcdonalds. Didn't use to be like this. They run two order screens but can't handle one. I can remember when the drive thru was the fastest way to get your food but now it's fatster to just go in.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  15. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    First world problems! My daughter started working fast food while going to school. The abuse these folks endure from John Q Public is beyond the pale. Not worth typing examples but I’m sure if some of you (and me) were subjected to the same disrespect there’d be a fight. It’s unreal what grown )$& adults will do over a hamburger and fries. And what’s worse is that the owner allows it. So, I now have a new found respect and increased patience and understanding for fast food and restaurant workers in general.

Dark Cloud, bondhu and Timholt70 like this.