In search of custom bow builder

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by Bowonly86, May 1, 2019.

1. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    Do any bowyers on here build three peice takedown long bows been looking for a while would really like one made in ky

2. ABLongbow

ABLongbow Fawn

Aug 10, 2018
    Morgan County
    I have 3 Leon Stewart longbows,
    I believe he is one of the best longbow builders in the world.
    I have one 3 piece bow I am selling

3. ABLongbow

ABLongbow Fawn

Aug 10, 2018
    Morgan County
    I forgot to say he lives in Kentucky part time

4. Davidlondon4

Davidlondon4 12 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Laurel County
    Hey I have a friend that makes bows. His name is Kevin Brown and he lives in Irvington, Ky in Breckinridge County. His company name is Herway Bows. Here is his website url: Website is Herwaybow.com His phone number is 270-668-4903. He also has a Herway Bow Facebook page.
    Kevin is a member of the KTBA which is the Ky Traditional Bowhunters Association. There home club is located at the Mercer County Fish and Game Club near Harrodsburg. They host the Ky Tradfest each year in early April and several vendors and hundreds of people show up to shoot at the 3 day event. Free primitive camping,free vendor setup, and its the best place to get traditional archery supplies with out of state vendors coming.They have a trade blanket, usually a speaker on Saturday night as well as a potluck supper. I think this year made the 8th or 9th year. Great event as people from several states attend.A few of their members are on here but I am not sure how often. Holler back if you need any more info.

5. ABLongbow

ABLongbow Fawn

Aug 10, 2018
    Morgan County
  6. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    Agree on Herway, nice bows, I’m one of those that always shows up at the April Tradfest shoot. I build my own but don’t build to sell; just for my own hunting purposes, and a few close friends. I see we are neighbors David, I live in Corbin, we may have meet at Tradfest or somewhere without knowing it.

7. Davidlondon4

Davidlondon4 12 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Laurel County
    Carpdaddy I ran in to you one day at Walmart in London I think. It was a couple years ago. I think you may have been wearing a Tradfest t-shirt. I also ran into a buddy of yours later. Lineman Steve I think was his name. Ran into him at Ky Outdoorsman in Corbin.

8. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    Yep, I remember meeting you now, thanks for the reminder.

9. sdorton

sdorton 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2013
    KY