Im Ready For Obamas Speech!!

We-Todd-Did

Spike
Dec 27, 2007
I read recently that insurance and pharmaceutical companies are spending, a conservative estimate, about 3 million a DAY fighting any change to current status quo. Since everything Obama does deserves a half dozen dark conspiracy theories, this deserves a few.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Let's put emotion (and party loyalty) aside for a moment..

And instead examine an interesting FACT:

THEY created the health care MESS when THEY made ILLEGALS mandatory to get health care, did ANYONE "think" that would cause no problems? :confused:

NOW ........THEY want to "fix" the problems they've created with an even more stupid program.......:rolleyes:

It can't work, doctors WILL leave the US (or retire) more patients and less doctors IS NOT a "fix" to the problem period.

Here is a "crazy idea" (but just might "work")

Instead of "health care reform" (Death care) how about The US ENFORCE the laws on the books regarding ILLEGALS?

Rather than "looking the other way" (when they violate US Code) how about doing what the LAW says we should be doing?
Rather than sitting back and ALLOWING ILLEGALS who are here ILLEGALLY in the first place to DRAIN ALL of our resources?????????

If anyone thinks it's malpractice insurance (which DOES cause a cost increase NO doubt) or anything else, causing "the problem" take a look at what the millions of ILLEGALS are costing US each month........then decide what IS the "real problem" and force them to fix that....

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
I read recently that insurance and pharmaceutical companies are spending, a conservative estimate, about 3 million a DAY fighting any change to current status quo. Since everything Obama does deserves a half dozen dark conspiracy theories, this deserves a few.

Nobody is saying the system is working like it should. It needs fixed but why the quick push by Obama and his cronies ? They wanted a bill passed that dint even have a plan ? Its not that he tries to fix health care its the way he is trying to do it with socialized medicine. In my opinion if he didn't try a back-door sneaky Chicago politics type of way of going about things he may earn some trust.........Bottom line is most allot of Americans do not trust the man.....or his sidekicks...

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Since everything Obama does deserves a half dozen dark conspiracy theories, this deserves a few.

Some here could take that as a personal insult....

How about YOU tell US ALL exactly what part of what we're saying is false then proving it with irrefutable evidence?

"dark conspiracy theories" shouldn't be hard at all to debunk.....

You didn't mention all the US DOCTORS who are spending their hard earned $$$ fighting this........WHY?

THIS issue affects ALL of us (if not it will later on) OUR parents, (those fortunate enough to still have grandparents) OUR children and THEIR children and so on....

NOT the issue for UNFOUNDED "conspiracy theories rhetoric" IMO

However please feel free to back up your claims with some facts....

This is NOT about "Rep VS Dem" it's far too important of an issue to become a party issue, it's an AMERICAN ISSUE and no matter "how far Left or Right" you may or may not fall, this issue WILL affect YOU........and YOUR Families.....

I think it's very important to keep that in mind and it "trumps" party lines AND loyalty

Last edited:

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
It would be a very novel idea for you and I to debate the finer points of the current healthcare reform as it is written. The problem is I have'nt read the entire thing I suspect you have'nt either. Were we both to read it I am sure at least one of us would'nt understand all that was written!:D As for me to call "your opinion" wrong, I cannot. It is your opinion, it's not the facts.

No, we haven't read it, but we can read the newspapers, surf the net, watch the television. We can be informed without digesting a 1100 page document that is reportedly incoherent anyway. You've got some strong opinions, even without reading Bill #3200. Obviously we all do.

I just want you to address the 3 or 4 points in my post a page or so back. I'm just asking for your opinion on those topics. I'd welcome your opinion on my opinion as well, if you care to share.

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
So, your of the opinion that he is lying to you and all the republicans that have been proven to have spread outright lies about this reform are telling the truth? Simply Amazing!

What lies have the republicans been PROVEN to have spread? Please do not quote CNBC as your source.......

Last edited:

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Calling the President a liar during a Presidential address is a new one, but the laughter and disrespect has been going on for years. One doesn't have to think back too far to remember Hillary's antics during a Bush II address. She didn't heckle him, but the camera caught her every gesture, and those that read her lips knew what she was saying. Disrespect is par for the course.

Joe Wilson had enough backbone to apologize. Let the voters of S. Carolina decide what to do about him at the next election.

Obama says the new plan won't cover illegals and it won't pay for abortion; fine, then add a paragraph saying just that, instead of voting it down as the Dems have already done. Remember; when it comes to laws, if it isn't expressly forbidden, then it is implicitly allowed.

Obama says tort reform might be a possibility. Then jump on it and go with it. Damn the trial lawyers if you're serious about reform.

Obama says he'll cut out billions in waste and fraud. Why hasn't this already been done? Why have we been operating under the burden if we already knew about it? I'd personally welcome a sweep of entitlement cheats, but it'll never happen. They could send a task force of 100 people into my county and they'd be busy for 10 years trying to weed out all the unentitled recipients of entitlement. And as fast as they eliminated one cheat, the Social Security Administration would be signing up three more. It needs to be done, but nobody that did it would ever be re-elected, so it is a moot point.

Obama wants to force people to buy health insurance. By my way of thinking, it's just like fire insurance; you play the odds and go without it if you so choose, but if tragedy strikes, it's your baby to rock, not mine.

Somehow over the years we've decided we are entitled to health care, whether we pay for it or not. Are we likewise entitled to auto care, lawn care, and pet care? I say we are not. I should be able to smoke cigarettes, wrestle alligators and play Russian Roulette if i choose, and I should be fully willing to live or die with the consequences of my actions that affect only me.

Obama is not the anti-Christ, but the Devil will surely be in the details of his plan.

VERY well said IMO (and deserves the requested reply IMO)

grouser68

Banned
Jan 29, 2006
Ok TM, if you want!

Calling the President a liar during a Presidential address is a new one, but the laughter and disrespect has been going on for years. One doesn't have to think back too far to remember Hillary's antics during a Bush II address. She didn't heckle him, but the camera caught her every gesture, and those that read her lips knew what she was saying. Disrespect is par for the course.I agree, but last nights antics were a new low.IMHO

Joe Wilson had enough backbone to apologize. Let the voters of S. Carolina decide what to do about him at the next election.He probably did'nt have a choice but to apologize. But if you want to call it backbone and he was trying to do the right thing, maybe he should have done the right thing in the first place.Like I said above, a new low and in bad tatse for the venue.IMHO

Obama says the new plan won't cover illegals and it won't pay for abortion; fine, then add a paragraph saying just that, instead of voting it down as the Dems have already done. Remember; when it comes to laws, if it isn't expressly forbidden, then it is implicitly allowed.He said it was 80% agreed upon, maybe we should give it a chance to be finalized, IMHO.

Obama says tort reform might be a possibility. Then jump on it and go with it. Damn the trial lawyers if you're serious about reform. We have tried in this country for 100 years to pass healthcare reform for ALL Americans, it may not pass tomorrow, Rome was'nt built in a day.I find it odd that all the Republican lawmakers are saying were moving too fast on this yet you think we should "jump right on" what they view as needed?

Obama says he'll cut out billions in waste and fraud. Why hasn't this already been done? Why have we been operating under the burden if we already knew about it? I'd personally welcome a sweep of entitlement cheats, but it'll never happen. They could send a task force of 100 people into my county and they'd be busy for 10 years trying to weed out all the unentitled recipients of entitlement. And as fast as they eliminated one cheat, the Social Security Administration would be signing up three more. It needs to be done, but nobody that did it would ever be re-elected, so it is a moot point.I agree on the cheats! But judging from most of the opinions on here that want to just do away with the entire thing......would you agree that there are those that need it? So, do we stop it all? Do we bite our nose off to spite our face?

Obama wants to force people to buy health insurance. By my way of thinking, it's just like fire insurance; you play the odds and go without it if you so choose, but if tragedy strikes, it's your baby to rock, not mine. Just like mandatory auto insurance there are those opposed.......until they are in a wreck! Like Medicare and Soc. Sec. I would be willing to bet that all on here have family members on those, would they really like to see them go away?

Somehow over the years we've decided we are entitled to health care, whether we pay for it or not. Are we likewise entitled to auto care, lawn care, and pet care? I say we are not. I should be able to smoke cigarettes, wrestle alligators and play Russian Roulette if i choose, and I should be fully willing to live or die with the consequences of my actions that affect only me.I respect you TM but this comment I find laughable.Do auto, lawn,and pet care cost us 1/6 of our debt? NO!BTW-I would pay good money to see you wrestle a gator!:D

Obama is not the anti-Christ, but the Devil will surely be in the details of his plan.
Smart comment!But it's not exactely "his" plan.The Republicans have 160 items in there, and I am pretty sure Obama offered an open door and mind to ALL!With only 80%they agree on I am sure there will be Republican input.

Now Tm you asked me for my opinion.........of your opinion. Here it is. I am not arguing your opinion as wrong at all. My opinions on here are never popular and always scrutinized as "wrong".I will not do that to you. It's your opinion and your more than welcome to it!

Last edited:

grouser68

Banned
Jan 29, 2006
What lies have the republicans been PROVEN to have spread? Please do not quote CNBC as your source.......
Death panels, illegals,getting the insurance you have now taken away, among a few. Notice, I did'nt quote anyone, just going on what has been happening for months. I am sure you have heard of those!? Did you see what Sen. Viter put out? If not it's worth a goggle for ya!;)

Combat Triad

8 pointer
Sep 16, 2008
Flatwoods, KY
The thing about the speech last night that annoyed me more than anything was having to look at Nancy Pelosi sitting right behind Obama. That woman just makes me want to throw up.

Latest posts