Im Ready For Obamas Speech!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Al, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Al

Al 12 pointer

Jan 14, 2004
    Incognito, ky, USA.
    I agree that makes me sick, who in the hell do they think they are to force every citizen buy health insurance.

He also made many distortions and misstatements.

2. kybadcat36

kybadcat36 8 pointer

Mar 26, 2005
    central city ky
    Well everyone knew that Obama was going to play the Kennedy card and he did!! Just don't think his plan for healthcare has the support from the American people. Which in return vote for congressmen and congresswomen and senators. They see the writing on the wall. Piss of Obama or piss off the voters. Their choice their future.

3. Al

Al 12 pointer

Jan 14, 2004
    Incognito, ky, USA.
    Yes I give him a A+ on salesmanship. A used car salesman couldnt have done better.

On substance he gets a D.

Typical campaign speech.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I watched it all. It was a well written speech but left out a lot.

Now let's get down to the details, WHICH IS WHAT CONGRESS AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. They are NOT suppose to blindly follow Obama just because he gave a good speech. The devil is in the details.

Every single president has given good speeches and they all have made their point and every single one of them hit a bumppy road when it came to getting down to the details and how to make them happen.

It's no different than talking about, thinking about, making lists for parties, making lists for presents all for Christmas. Then setting down and working out the details, the money, the bills, who's coming, who's not, etc,. Things become a different ball game than what we were talking about before the details. Does cutting out things from the lists make one royally screwed ????

No, that's doing a job that needs to be done.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  5. mgpatty

mgpatty 10 pointer

Nov 15, 2007
    Floyd County
    LOL! He is still on the campaign trail! :D

Nothing new in this speech. He still wants a Public Option, and the far left liberal extremists still want a Single Payer sytem. How many Democrats clapped and cheered when he mentioned a Single Payer system? One would have been one too many. He still wants to force individuals to have insurance, against their will. He still wants businesses, and tax payers, to foot the bill. He still want government to be in the health care business. A health care coop would have possibly been a workable goal between both sides of Congress, but the far left loonies in congress killed that ideal.

Wildcat stated it best when he said The devil is in the details. The implementation of such a bloated and massive burancracy is where the problems of such a system will actually come to light.

I believe Obama just tried to sale me a 1971 Ford Pinto, with only 23,000 miles, driven by a little ol' lady from Pasadena to church on Sundays. I still ain't buyin' :D

6. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky
    Oh my, you hear a big sales pitch and all of a sudden it's not that bad and he's trying to help. We all know he can read speaches and strut around like a little rooster in the hen house. How do you think he got elected? He's still selling the same package just trying to sugarcoat it for those on the fence.

7. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    One can use any elaborate verbage and positive vocalizations to describe poop, and in the end it still stinks just as bad.

8. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Unbelievable!

Obama and crew KNEW they needed to rush this through before the recess, they also KNEW if they didn't and the voting public found out what it's REALLY all about it was going to get tough and it IS tough.....

ANY member of Congress voting for this is VERY likely to face replacement ........period (and they know it) even in the most liberal of states, fact is MOST don't want this forced on them, the ones who DO want; this guess what .......won't be voting OR paying for it .......

For those "on here" who DO support this lame idea, WILL you still support it when your taxes have more than doubled and the level of health care that YOU receive is FAR less than it is now with ten times the WAIT for treatment (and sub-standard treatment then)???

Oh I KNOW You "THINK" it won't happen.......newsflash the Government's "answer" to EVERY problem/issue is to throw MORE $ at it.......this will NOT be any different and the Money IS NOT THERE to do this period. It WILL have to come from the working class folks (that's US on here btw) Cuts in Medicare, VA benefits, and a whole host of other VERY "bad ideas" for US Citizens (while the illegal population makes out great)

Riddle me this Batpesons......:D

HOW many illegals are in the US Right NOW and with ALL of them going to receive this (IF it were to pass) WHO is going to pay for that?

Working class folks that is exactly who! When YOUR taxes (and everyone else's due to supporting this IF it passes) comprise > 50% of YOUR income (ever talk to anyone from the UK ?) HOW happy will YOU then be? Especially when you "think back" and realize the level of care you're getting for this is FAR less than it "used to be" when the Government wasn't ruining things .......er running things?????:eek:

FACT: there are NO free lunches (or health care, or bailouts or "cash for clunker deals") it ALL costs US Taxpayers........

9. kybadcat36

kybadcat36 8 pointer

Mar 26, 2005
    central city ky

Well said!!

10. CRFoster68

CRFoster68 8 pointer

Jan 7, 2009
    Fort Thomas
    Well... Wether you beleive in the Obama plan or not, our current health care system has serious issues. We have to get rid of this pre-existing condition BS and also need to get affordable care. I hope that all of you guys bashing this plan don't get stuck with a pre-existing condition or jobless, because if you do and get sick you are likely to go bankrupt! Medical bills have gotten way out of hand and need regulation.
    Also, I do beleive that everyone should be forced to have heath insurance. I don't understand why some of you think this is wrong??? It is just like car inurance, everyone around a person who dosen't have it foots the bill when they can't pay the hospitals... The hospitals just increase the cost of everything to cover their loss. To all of you who are againts this GOOD LUCK! I'm sure this current plan wont pass but somthing needs to be done.

11. kybadcat36

kybadcat36 8 pointer

Mar 26, 2005
    central city ky
    Yor right. Some things do need to be done. But we don't need to rush. Illegals shouldn't be covered. It should be affordable for all American Citizens. I ask one simple question??? Why can't everyone have the same plan as the people in office in Washington. Why isn't that plan a option for all. I'll tell you why. The people who we elected don't want us to be equal to them. But they want the rest of the country to be equal. They want to hold everyone else who's below them down. Let the low life take care of the low life. If you don't believe me look at the pearls around Nancy Pelsoi's neck!:eek: Priceless!!

12. We-Todd-Did

We-Todd-Did Spike

Dec 27, 2007
    Earlier this year Obama said the public option would be a similar to what is available for elected federal employees.

13. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    Great speech! If all he says is true then it's a good plan. I tend to believe it to be true by the way the opposition has been spreading their lies and hate.I have seen that on here many times, misinformation and outright lies.

As for the way some acted tonight at a formal address to Congress and the people of the United States of America.....it was sickening! That was a first for me to see the President of the United States getting heckled and laughed at by supposed professionials and those supposedly there to represent me.I could understand if it was a town hall meeting, or a legal protest,or any other venue.........but a formal address to Congress? I feel those with their antics have cheapened our country by now making us look similar to those Asian govt's that come to fisticuffs during similar events.I am a very proud American, and very glad we have the protocal we have that all country's of the world would kill to have. But tonight I am ashamed of those so called Americans representing me.............they did'nt represent me well tonight!

14. kybadcat36

kybadcat36 8 pointer

Mar 26, 2005
    central city ky
    Congressman Joe Wilson doesn't have to worry. When you speak the truth you don't got to apologize. Just most can't handle the truth!!

15. 6.5x55swedish

6.5x55swedish 12 pointer

May 27, 2005
    Lexington
    This isn't Parliament.... he is an elected official and his outcry is out of line....It is okay for a citizen to act like a fool and disrespect the President in public, but not an elected official....If he was doing his job he would take his concerns to the administration and point out his point of view in a civil manner so they could understand where he was coming from. He is spineless.