I'm just sick over it!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by slyfly76, Nov 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. slyfly76

slyfly76 6 pointer

Mar 12, 2011
    Went out this morning and sat all day and it was a buck parade saw 9 different bucks including the one i'm about to tell you about, at 4:30 i decided to give the horns a try and man did it work a spike came running in not sure what he thought he was going to do but he committed none the less and from down off the oppisite ridge came a dandy 9 pt well focusing on the nine the spike busted my movement you think its game over as he is blowing his little spike head off but no the big nine comes running right to me and i shot him at 20 yrds his where it gets sucky i gave him an hour to expire and the shot looked really good, steep angel though because i hunt really high and he coming from down hill. Btw after the shot he could barely run at one point his head was on the ground and he was pushing himself with his back legs, well i tracked him bout a hundred yards with really decent blood and jumped him and he even blew at me when he jumped up, I guess i'm just looking for a little feed/advice for tommorrow i backed out any help would be greatly appreciated its going to be a long night. Btw i shot him with a rage if anyone is wondering, thanks

2. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    was he broadside or face you when you shot? sometimes the best thing is to let them lay over night, im sure he will be laying some where close by

3. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    I think he didn't go far either, let him lay up for the long sleepless night you have ahead of you.

4. triumpster

triumpster 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2011
    Well since he blew of course it prob wasn't a lung shot but id say you definitely killed him he will be close by! Better remember last spot and go from there but by no means should you give up early on the search! He probably ran for a little while! What Co you in I have hunted hard this week and hunted several different stands not seeing anything and ive tried some light rattling! What time of day was you seeing most movement?

5. slyfly76

slyfly76 6 pointer

Mar 12, 2011
    I agree would have thought it was a lung shot with how he ran off but him blowing as he jumped kind of shoots that idea it doesn't help he was the size of a small pony, he was very hunched up as he ran away and really he didn't run as much as he hopped/lunged he looked way more hurt than maybe he was, it could possibly been a liver shot and the shot was broadside and only about 6 inches of the arrow was showing as he ran and as far as i can tell the arrow is still in him.

6. raven_over_easy

raven_over_easy 12 pointer

Aug 19, 2006
    Did you actually see the buck when you jumped him or did you just hear a deer jump and blow out?

7. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    Him being hunched up tells me he was hit a little far back. If you let him lay he should be done in the morning, but take your bow just in case he isn't.

8. DBLUNG

DBLUNG 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2012
    Benton Ky
    Sounds like a liver shot, i made the same shot on a Doe this year. I jumped her and she blew, I waited a couple of hours, and found her dead about 200 yds from where she blew.

9. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Good luck in finding him in the Morning.

10. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    id bet that deers dead as a doorknob right now.

11. OUTBACK

OUTBACK 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2005
    W. KY
    Where are you located? I'd come help ya look if you were close.

12. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    any luck finding him today?

13. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky

x2.......................

14. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008