If you don't know GOD, don't make stupid remarks!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by JasonGoneFishing, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schroader

schroader 10 pointer

Dec 27, 2004
    down by the river,,,

Ill pray for U.

2. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I saw a signature line from a poster on another site recently....

Lord, please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

For some reason when I read this thread .... it reminded me of that. Theres a lot of truth in it and I think anyone would agree... especially if you have children. :D

3. justdacehayes

justdacehayes 6 pointer

Oct 19, 2004
    Berea Ky.
    Hey Art
    I hear some Marine dude being inquiring about you. Just what I heard ...dont know if its true or not. I didnt tell him nutin':p:cool:

4. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Once again, you are having trouble with my opinion because you don't agree. You are basically saying that I have no right to post my opinion when it differs with yours. If you have the right to post one religious thread after another, then I have a right to give my opinion as well. If you can't live with that, just put me on your ignore list and you won't have to read any of my stupid crap ever again.

I said something as a joke because this idiotic story was posted up. Whomever wrote this piece was doing something that I think went way over most of your heads. They used two figures that they know the average person will never question the actions of, even when it comes to physical assault against teachers and freedom of speech. They did it to see how far you guys would go when it comes to defending the actions of God and Military people. It's not surprising you guys bought it hook, line, and sinker.

BTW, I'm not the one here who takes anything person. I do this for fun, and the purpose of conversation. I like to make people think outside their comfort zone, because if nothing else it gives opportunity to defend your beliefs. There's quite a difference between internet threats, a feel good chain letter, and reality.:D

5. GWP

GWP 6 pointer

Feb 22, 2007
    State of Embarrassment
    Well, most of them do have a history of accepting works of fiction as if it were "gospel".

Nice work, Art ... :cool:

6. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I have no problem when someone wants to voice thier opinion....but you only join in to cause trouble and you know it. You like pushing peoples buttons. I am not offened at all by the way you are. I just find it funny that you get such a rush from doing it. You clame on one hand you are tired of the topic yet you cant just look the other way when it has nothing to do with you. You can't let someone believe in what "they" want without thinking you must "set them straight". That my friend is stirring the pot. Just admit it.

Do you set down at the mall every Christmas so you can tell all the children that the Santa they are standing in line to see isn't real. For surely it would be your duty to do so. You must show them the grievous error they are making and set them straight. :D

7. whitetailpredator

whitetailpredator 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2007
    Leitchfield, KY
    IMO it appers to me that your the one that is having trouble "with others opinion" I dout anything was said about your right to post on this subject. It'd be nice for you to add something intelligent to the conversation everyonce in awhile instead of trying piss everybody off. I find it funny you make the reference "average people".

But if it's in your "confort zone" to try offend people on their religious beliefs, have fun! Maybe you need to realize the "difference between internet threats, feel good chain letters, and reality." :D

BTW, that has been going around for a few years!

8. GWP

GWP 6 pointer

Feb 22, 2007
    State of Embarrassment
    Just checking, because its hard to tell from some of the responses, but you guys realize that this whole story about the marine and professor is FICTION ... Don't You????

9. ecmbowhunter

ecmbowhunter Elitist Bowhunter

Feb 17, 2004
    at the Elite Level
    Who are they?

10. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Am I the only one that sees you contradicting yourself in every sentence here? Surely to God:D you are doing that on purpose, otherwise it's a bit schizo.:D

I already explained that I just like to add to the discussion, and hopefully make others think and articulate their point of views. Perhaps you are not comfortable doing that and you believe whatever you say is the FINAL word that nobody (me) has a right to debate or question. According to you, you are not bothered by me, but you know I "get off" by causing trouble. I think I follow all forum rules and I try to be respectful to everyone. You think otherwise, but that doesn't bother you now does it?

No, I don't care if kids believe in Santa or not. They will eventually find out that he's not real. Usually by the time they are 10 or so, they can reason enough to think something is up with believing that a man who supposedly knows everything about every kid on earth, and can visit each one at the same time all across the world really isn't real. If they started to feel so inclined to tell me that I was going to spend eternity in hell if I don't believe in Santa and I was a bad person because of my beliefs, then yeah, I might tell them. Come to think of it, some kids have actually seen Santa and they know he is real. He even ate their cookies!:D

11. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I am using "they" to describe whomever came up with this fairy tale. I suppose it could be a he, a she, or both. I have a feeling that whoever created it was either doing it as some sort of social experiment to see peoples reactions OR they were too stupid to think that someone might question the authenticity of the story. Then again, it could just be some sort of joke, in which case would make me look pretty silly.:D

12. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    What someone considers an "intelligent" opinion is subjective. My opinion may seem stupid to you, but to someone else, it may be the most intelligent thing in a particular thread. At the end of the day, it's just an opinion. I'm not claiming to be right or wrong.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, I like to discuss and debate all sorts of things. I didn't get almost 9,000 posts by lurking and agreeing with everything posted here.:D If I have any knowledge or an opinion on something, I'll give it. That's what these forums are for. It is somewhat disheartening to see that some of those on the offensive against me have made very few, if any posts on any other subject here aside from religion. It's kind of one dimensional. :)

13. KyBucks10

KyBucks10 12 pointer

Dec 5, 2008
    Burgin, Kentucky
    IMO...We need not to attack or even get one bit frustrated with Art...Art has his own opinions and we have ours...and you guys getting mad at him is only going to make him disagree with what we believe even more so lighten up and if it is Gods will for Art to have the personal relationship with Christ, then trust me, God will make it happen, so there is no excuse for getting mad at him...This story is a story that I used as an example of Gods love at the bible study that I lead on the campus of UK...

Luke 7:40 And Jesus answering said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he answered, “Say it, Teacher.”

Luke 7:41 “A certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.

Luke 7:42 “When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

Luke 7:43 Simon answered, “The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt.” And he said to him, “You have judged rightly.”

Luke 7:44 Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.

Luke 7:45 “You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet.

Luke 7:46 “You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.

Luke 7:47 “Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.”

Luke 7:48 And he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

This is just one example of the love that Christ expressed. We should show people like Art the love that Christ showed us so that he will LOVE our Christ, just as Christ shows his love for everyone.

14. slipped cork

slipped cork 8 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Borderline Insanity, KY
    Thanks for posting this, I needed this scripture for myself today.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.