If Trump goes along with this he is toast

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ojibwa62, Aug 6, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Red flag laws are just flat out wrong and the possibility of abuse is very real ..

STEP BACK AND TAKE A BREATH MR.PRESIDENT.

Nothing good comes from knee jerk laws..

President Trump Calls for Red Flag Laws Following Texas, Ohio Shootings
    [​IMG]
    Alex Wong/Getty
    AWR HAWKINS5 Aug 201911,372
    1:53
    President Trump called for Red Flag laws Monday morning during remarks on the Texas and Ohio shootings.

Trump said, “I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partnership with local, state, and federal agencies–as well as social media companies–to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike.” He then referenced the February 14, 2018, Parkland shooter, noting he had sent up many red flags with his behavior prior to the shooting, but no one took action to stop him.

Trump voiced support for “Red Flag laws, also known as Extreme Risk Protection Orders.” He explained, “We must make sure that those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety do not have access to firearms and that, if they do, those firearms can be taken through rapid due process.”

Breitbart TV

President Trump Is Speaking At The Faith & Freedom Coalition Conference

On August 4, 2019, Breitbart News reported that Rep. Dan Crenshaw’s (R-TX) also responded to the Texas and Ohio shootings by calling for Red Flag laws. Sen. Lindsey Graham also called for them in a tweet, writing: “Time to do more than pray. Time to enact common-sense legislation in Congress to empower states to deal with those who present a danger to themselves and others — while respecting robust due process.

If ever there was a slippery slope this is it.. All it takes is one pissed off ex, neighbor, relative or employer.

davers, RLWEBB and Carl like this.
  2. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    It's coming, no matter what we say or do. I just want it to be written by somebody with a brain. Let's face it, there are evil people killing innocent folks with guns and we can't erase that from the public arena. I don't want Red Flag laws either, but if it is going to happen, I want it to have safeguards against abuse that the Liberals will not include.

barney, ojibwa62 and carnivore like this.
  3. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Agree with you 100% reivertom

4. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    The thing is the shootings and other crimes drugs , etc etc will never stop completely regardless of laws don’t matter what they do it can only get worse the way they are going the only way to slow down this mess is ( and I might sound like a broke record) is if you break the law and cause death you have 72 hrs to live and say your good byes period don’t mean if you use a gun it means you cause someone to die while YOU seas breaking the law , guns , drugs , driving drunk, ( accidents can happen and would be excused) laws alone won’t work you make it a death sentence in 72 hrs some will think , some will not until those killing start being killed , then more will think ... laws will never work alone laws don’t make criminals think the payment for their actions do , and now that prisons are a joke that doesn’t even matter anymore

5. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Hopefully Trump will just propose a bare minimum that will leave 2nd amendment intact. That kid from Dayton had 2 - 100 count drums on that AR,if he had kept going the death count probably would be in 100s. I could see a ban on drum magazine,hope they don't touch the 30 count.

6. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    They will hide their guns or steal them if the mentally ill decide to go completely nuts.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Go back to Parkland, what did the MAJORITY on here and other hunting/gun talk forums post? Something about mental illness and keeping guns out of their hands. Every bill brought forward in different states and one in the federal Congress about doing something about mental illness and guns most of those same people are against it.

Well we have to do something. Like it or not but the General Public, while they still support us and the Second Amendment, they will soon tire from all these mass shootings. Once they do then they WILL have it THEIR WAY. We might not like things THEIR way but if they out vote us they get it.

I've posted links to some bills in other states and the news story about them since Parkland but nobody liked them at all.

If Trump is toast over this then so be it. If he is then we WILL soon have FREE money, college, health care, open borders, no ICE, no Border Patrol, no COPS, etc, etc. All the while the white SUCKERS will PAY for it all. As for me, at my age seeing I'm outvoted I'll just join the party and party it all away until there is no more because once they take it back there will be no more.

JR in KY and barney like this.
  8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Remember that saying an doing are two different things. Trump will wait an see what they come up with before he makes a decision. McConnell is the one who has to be very careful of which move he makes.

Hell, the democrats are using these shootings to raise money. Greedy Bastards.

littlebear, barney and PUBLIC RAT like this.
  9. Folks right here, members of a Kentucky hunting board are already onboard with accepting more encroachments on their rights little by little smh. None of us pulled a single trigger killing anybody and yet some are ready to give up. We’re screwed.

Feedman, Brody, barney and 4 others like this.
  10. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    This is what Trump has done his whole life Saying and doing two different things , typical politician.. Trump has a giant ego and desperately wants to be liked by everyone..

He was an antigun NY liberal for year and I don't think he has changed his spots all that much.

Time will tell and the next few weeks we will know his next move..

But I won't blindly follow any man.

11. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    What I am and a lot of other law abiding gun owners are concerned with this “Red Flag law" it's subject to and can be abused by those elected officials, who want to take away our 2nd amendment rights. They might revoke your 2nd amendment right if you are arrested or have been arrested for D.U.I or receiving a speeding ticket; or if you have an argument with someone, and a bunch of other reasons, there is no end to what they can come-up with some reason, take your guns. Remember: These elected officials took an Oath of office, and if they don't abide by this oath then they are committing TREASON!!

drakeshooter likes this.
  12. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Agreed 100%

Carl likes this.
  13. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Boom you said it.....the forum in general is good at picking and choosing it's Liberties at times. I rank nothing higher than the 2nd.

14. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    The 2 ND is the most important one of all! It should of been #1 without it none of the others will stand.

Feedman, Brody, barney and 2 others like this.
  15. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    If Trump likes some
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

The 2nd Amendment helps protect all the others..

riverboss and aaronc like this.