I will keep my old Remingtons..

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Carl, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius 6 pointer

Dec 5, 2009
    Somewhere Kentucky
    That makes two of us.

Once a company turns to crony capitalism, and throws the Constitution and the rest of us under the bus, I am forever done with them. I avoid GE at all costs and have owned my last GM, Dodge and unfortunately, now my last new Remington.

I really wish I could find a comprehensive worst offenders list of companies sucking off the taxpayer/gubmint teet so I can avoid more of them.

2. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    Up to you to do whatever you feel you need to, but please keep in mind that Remington is also present in Kentucky (two facilities), Arkansas, and North Carolina... and FWIW, "Remington" had very little to do with any decision surrounding that issue.

3. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains
    i like their old shotguns. id rather have a savage rifle anyways

4. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    Remington has no sayso on who owns them. They are part of a larger group. That's like blaming a mod here for a decision that Uncle Lee's makes.

5. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    I probably own 8 Remington guns. I will not own another.

6. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I've owned several Remington's over the years.... mostly 700's..but now down to just one... my pet 870 that I use on turkeys.

However .... I said several years ago what you boys are saying now ... but it has nothing to do with the article or circumstances of late.

My issue is quality & customer service ....plain & simply put.

The products "big green" produces now is nowhere near the firearms of even 10-15 years ago. Which I know this can be said of a lot of firearms companies & otherwise ....but I believe Remington has fallen behind while others have improved.

I suspect it's strictly "profit margin" oriented ...as is the present decision based on military contracts. Which I can honestly understand the business aspect & staying afloat in these economic times...but deep down.. I have to ask ..at what cost??

It's one thing in offering affordable firearms vs. manufacturing "cheaply" made firearms to it's brand loyal customers....hopefully relating only to the civilian market. The name "Remington" is steeped in our history and myself up until a few years ago would have never commented as such....but it's almost the mindset of being too big to fail. Maybe they are...but I don't see it that way...regardless of corporate ownership dictating decisions.

Going against the grain so to speak with the present attack on gun ownership is just one piece in a combination of events. As others who feel as I do concerning quality & customer service ...their setting their self up for even further backlash that can be only understood when we don't open our wallets.

Which again... I don't want to degrade or offend those whose favorite weapons are Remington's . I've owned some that I was very..very fond of. But.. I'll never own another "new" one unless some drastic changes are made to attention of detail & overall quality control.

7. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  8. sthrnkyhunter

sthrnkyhunter 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2007
    Glasgow,ky
    I will never never Never.......buy another Remington which up until now WAS my favorite shotgun!!! Guess I am looking for a new favorite now.........Oh well I hope they can make that 80 million last along time. I have a feeling Remington will go the way of the Dixie Chicks and slowly fade away. What a shame.

9. TurkeyFoot

TurkeyFoot 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2006
    Taylor County
    That's sad, I was gettin ready to buy my son an 870 youth model! I will not support their stupidity!!

10. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    You are saying it's a shame the dixie chicks faded away?

Mayes