I used to see more deer before...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by deerjw, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    There like the plague on a deer herd!!

2. Before KY was known as a big buck state.I have not lost any spots.More hunters on surrounding farms

3. willy09

willy09 Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    When I was a kid and just walked in the woods and thought this looks deery, kicked thee leaves out from around the base of a tree seemed like I was always covered up with deer. Now I have stands feeders mineral sites scent block scent lock, hunt the wind do all this stuff seems like I see less deer lol. But now I work 60-70 hours a week too and don't get to hunt as much so that's probably the reason I don't see as much.

4. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Before Obama took office

5. sahc03

sahc03 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2009
    Glad to se I'm not the only one who's had an encounter or two with Hezakiah and his party of 13 Amish bromigos. One time hunting public land a Chevy blazer hauling a 16' box trailer rolled up in the parking. Must have been 12-14 of them pile out with their brand new Mathews bows chain smoking Marlboro Reds. What a sight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Just got back from dropping the grandsons deer off at the Want-Not Waste-Not program. Food bank donation Muhlenberg and surrounding county's for those who don't know. Guy who met me told me a funny story about cell phones. Seems he has been after this one mighty fine buck on public land 4 years. Couple night ago he was in his stand when he heard a deer approaching. Almost to dark to see but he just knew it was the big boy and enough light to make out antlers. About that time his cell went to vibrate, as he says BUZZZ. It was his wife calling because it was almost dark and she had not heard from him yet. She called 4 times in 5 minutes, each time BUZZZ. Needless to say the deer turned around and walked away. He was ready to kill his wife when he got home.... LOL.

7. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    There's one family within half mile of where I hunt that has 17 Tribal members.

8. sahc03

sahc03 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2009
    My count could have been off, maybe the same crew?

9. itstherush

itstherush 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    Grayson co
    Amish. Plain and simple. Several years ago i realized i had been invaded on our neighbors farm. I seen 4 walk by befor daylight wearing bright blue dickies coveralls. They shot all morning long. Prolly 15-20 times. I was just hoping they were shooting at each other. Nope. I got down and walked toward where they were parked. 2does 1 shooter buck 1 spike 1 fawn 2 turkeys and a yote. I threw an absolute fit. Didnt do any good but made me feel better. Lol. They are still there. Just not as many

10. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    When I wore flanel and steel toes hunting, and before I knew about scent control.

11. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    ...all the rattlesnakes were air dropped.

12. Liv2hunt

Liv2hunt Spike

Sep 23, 2009
    Kenton county
    Before Mt. Lions got so thick! Really did a number on the deer.

13. Thumper23

Thumper23 Spike

Jul 28, 2014
    Graves County
    I used to see more deer before...

I started hunting...

14. Xcal1ber

Xcal1ber 12 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Couple ridges over
    There was a freaking horse that walked into my spot today, and stood there and stared in the same direction without moving for 30 minutes despite me waving at him and throwing limbs at him. Does that count? lol

15. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I have had that happen before too. I was on a new farm and had heard the stories and just though they were all BS. I think it was my 2nd hunt there and I heard this crunching behind me....I was on the ground. So I was getting ready to put my release on the string when I saw this big ol horse staring at me. It had one 2" wide strip of mane that was probably 4 ft longer than the rest. I didn't know if I should run or try to pet it. I tried the petting route but it kept backing up whenever I got about 15 feet from it.