I told you she's crazy.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wildcat, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I had been out working and didn't know about the Notre Dame fire until I came indoors. After supper I emailed my cousin that I traveled with to Europe last spring and we started talking about it.

Well now while we were doing that she came up with another trip. This time she came up with Thailand and side trips though Cambodia, Vietnam and Singapore. We've been exchanging emails most of the evening and I've been looking stuff up. Her cousin, my cousin too really, lives over there in Thailand, he's retired and from Murray Ky. He and his wife travel back and forth between the States and Thailand all the time. So she wants to go over there. It will be the 3 of us again, my cousin, her husband and me.

The biggest thing will be the plane. I as sure as heck do not look forward spending 21 hours in coach, one way. Fly from Detroit to Seoul, South Korea, change planes and on to Bangkok Thailand. First Class lay flat seats are more SkyMiles than I'll be able to build up and it cost too much for my liking.

But once you get to Thailand everything is CHEAP. I was looking at some hotels in Bangkok and there is a 5 star one that has 80 stories of rooms in downtown. I gave some dates just to be able to see the prices. It's a much bigger and nicer room than some I had in Europe plus the unbelievable views of the city from way up. The price showed $340. I thought Ok, that's not bad for a hotel like that but then I made a closet look. That price was not for one night but FIVE nights. That's just $63 for one person for 5 nights for that room. I checked other hotels and they all were that cheap. A coke cost around 80 cents, Big Mac less than $2, all prices US Dollars.

Trip lasts from 3 to 4 weeks.

I like the idea BUT have not said yes or no so far. They ARE going to go and said I could come along if I wanted to.

2. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    I would go for it. The Air Force awakened my travel addiction, but the best trips are ones where you have a local connection, let's you be a tourist without being a tourist.

As far as the plane ride, I would advice a large animal sedative! Seriously, nothing I know of helps on those 10+ hour long plane rides. You can only read so much, sleep so much, and get up and go to the lavatory so many times before you go insane. The only thing worse is riding in an AWACS plane and making big circles in the sky for hours and hours.

3. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Just me talking here.... but I’d have to pass on that trip.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  4. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Must be nice to take trips like that . I am happy for anyone who can travel and see the world .

My big trip is going to my closest Wal-Mart and strolling down the bread and meat isle:(

ojibwa62 likes this.
  5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Praying for you and the wife , I know you are traveling a rough stretch of road right now..

6. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    My wife met a little Cambodian girl while in Georgia a few years ago, actually we met the whole family that was here on a visit. The girl is going to college here in the USA and goes back home a couple times a year and always invites my wife to visit them in Cambodia.
    She may go, but i ain't.