I think I'm biting the bullet

Semp

10 pointer
Feb 4, 2008
Kaintukee
My nephew has a Ravin. It shoots like a bolt of lightning but way too much money for me. I have a cheap Barnett I got at Rural King on sale for $150. It kills deer dead at normal archery ranges.

turkeyhunter91

12 pointer
Apr 3, 2007
i have a center point patriot 415 that i bought last year because of my shoulder hurting it was during the rut and i didn't want to miss out. i have shot it out to 55 yards just to see what it will do. it shoots good, the scope has lines for 25,35,45 and 55 and it seams like they are pretty well on.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Keep your thumb out the way. Get a decent speed calibrated scope, or HHA Optimizer, either one. And keep the rail lubed. Try not to buy the nastiest fastest bow either, they're string and cable eaters, even the $3-4k rigs.
What do you lube the rail with?

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
The last two posts, Centerpoint is basically a cheaper Ravin. Both are owned by Velocity Outdoors. Both good crossbows. Guess it’s all about what a person wants to spend. I got about $400 in my Mission after selling my Parker and accessories for $500 back in August 18. By name, my Mission may seem awesome but my old man bought a little Killer Instinct 380 Hero package in Fall 19. It shoots just as hard and fast, very compact, and weighs nothing. My package was $899 and his was $239. I’m not so sure that I don’t like his little KI better. LOL.

mstrn1

Fawn
Nov 15, 2020
Tutor Key, KY
I went with the Tenpoint Vengent S440, my reasons for switching are similar to yours...best move I've made. Super fast and deadly accurate. even with a heavier hunting arrow/broadhead it's shooting 400+fps. Try a few and get what suits your needs. You won't regret the switch

bumhunter

6 pointer
Sep 28, 2016
Boyd county, ky
The limb on my Parker split in october. I replaced it with a Horton vortex Rex. Ten point bought Horton a few yers ago. I didn’t get to take a deer with it this year.

I switched about 8 years ago for the same reason. I started getting a twinge of pain in my shoulder. A friend stayed with a compound bow, and has have to have several surgeries over the last few years. Now he can barely pull a 45 lb now back.

Latest posts