I stand corrected!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by standsitten, Sep 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    Ok, I'll be the first to admit I've been a strong advocate of Rage Broad-heads and have had good success until this morning. Had a doe come in at 20 yards took the shot. That's when it happen the broad head opened up in flight totally missed the deer and hit a tree. I would be very upset right now if that had been my target buck!!! I'm just glad I didn't wound the deer. Back to Muzzy 100 grain for me!! I can't afford to shoot Rage anymore and definitely don't want what happen this morning happen again!!!!!!! Lesson learned!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    Send it in to them and demand a refund

3. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

There are those that have experienced a failure, and those that will. I'm glad you had a clean miss.

4. xilk123

xilk123 8 pointer

Oct 7, 2011
    clay co
    which rage was it? and did it use shock collar or the o ring?

5. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    Original O ring type.

6. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

What did the tree score?

7. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Just glad it flew wild, it sucks I know..I wish better luck next time for you.

8. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    Couldn't find it, remember I shot it with a Rage !!!!!!!!! Lol

9. slipped cork

slipped cork 8 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Borderline Insanity, KY
    My son stuck one with an allen head this morning and broke all 3 blades off. We tracked her for about 300 yds and then nothing. I don't like giving up but tried our best. Allen flew perfect but also failed.

10. hunting buddy

hunting buddy 12 pointer

Oct 23, 2010
    bg
    I've used Rage 3 blades for 3-4yrs now and this will probably be my last. Loves the way it flies and always leaves a great blood trail but tired of having to rebuild it after every shot. If it wasn't for that I'd stay with them. Think I'll try slick tricks next.

11. slyfly76

slyfly76 6 pointer

Mar 12, 2011
    I've been using these broadheads for about 4 yrs and have had tremendous success with them, but the discussion came up in my bow club about these heads prematurely opening, obviously without a high speed camera there's no way to confirm this either way so what we did was shoot them while they were open and I can tell you without a doubt out to forty yards it did not change the flight characteristics I was still dead nuts and so were two other guys, no disrespect meant but are you sure you just didn't miss because open or not at twenty yards from my experience wouldn't have made a difference. If anyone doubts this walk outside and shoot an open rage at twenty yards I can assure out of three different bows it was still right on the money, but just my experience take it for what it's worth.

12. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    No disrespect taken at all. Like I said I've had success with these heads. You could be right and I pulled my shot. But I don't think I'll try to shoot one open, they cost to dang much and the replacement blades are a nightmare to install.

13. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Cheap lesson learned I'd say. I've only ever used Rage for turkeys and just wouldn't have confidence in using them for deer. I just can't see taking the chance. Magnus stingers fly great for me and I don't have to worry if they'll open or not :)

14. LSOSGT1109

LSOSGT1109 10 pointer

Jul 22, 2012
    Laurel County
    I hated the o-ring but the shock collar on they Hypodermics that I'm shooting now is way better.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

15. KYDEERCHASR

KYDEERCHASR 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2005
    marion county
    how do you know it opened up in flight.