I reckon Peabody (Muhlenberg County) Is rockin and Rollin............

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 12 pointer, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Brother, nephews and family friends are out camping, having a good time and preparing for the weekend hunt. They been set up for a few days now. I reckon so many folks have came back to set up camp where they are they are having trouble getting in and out.They have three campers and 4 vehicles so no one is trying to get on top of them. Outta be a lot of movement this weekend.

2. iwuvhunting

iwuvhunting 6 pointer

Yeah Peabody is def rockin...always is this time of year! Just a lil too many ppl during rifle season for me. I do quite a bit of bowhunting there but when this time of the year rolls around, I'm out. Too crowded. Good luck to everyone out there!

3. BucksGalore

BucksGalore Fawn

Aug 25, 2010
    Its a zoo during gun season. Way to crowded for me.

4. kyblackmallard

kyblackmallard 10 pointer

Sep 18, 2006
    10 trucks in 3 1/2 miles this morning

5. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    That's why I gave up gun hunting on public land ...too crowded and too dangerous.

6. bkh1976

bkh1976 Fawn

Aug 17, 2012
    Peabody is pure hell again. After 3rd year of seeing no deer in 2 days I'm becoming a quitter and retiring my rifle. I'll donate my deer tag money to the want not waste not that I was going to donate the deer to next year.

7. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Need to turn it back to quota hunts, maybe just some areas, and enforce it well. That place has too much cover not to have some decent deer if they don't get bumped around by every beagler, bird hunter, and meth head in western ky.

8. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    southern Indiana.
    I went once a few years back when it was a quota hunt. Too much shooting too close. I never went back for day two!

9. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

My huntin' buddy's boys hunted Peabody this weekend. They come in with a big 10-pointer and a 14-pointer. Pretty amazing quality.