I pray to God for this kind of forgiveness

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Oct 3, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Talk about some major brownie points from God...

Reminds me of the Amish when they forgave and comforted the family of a man who had just murdered their children.

I have a long ways to go as a Christian..

Marsh CallUser and EC like this.
  2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I'm right there with you.... There are some things that I don't think I could forgive....
    Like in that Colin Raye song, "Little Rock"... The lyric goes, "You know your daddy told me when I left, Jesus will forgive, but a daddy don't forget......

ojibwa62 likes this.
  3. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I can't believe this case. "Mistakenly" went into the wrong apartment and shot an unarmed man? Please.

hunt likes this.
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Who knows how any of us would react , she walked into the right door but was actually on the wrong floor , so as an example walked into apt 2A instead of 2B.. She walks in first thing she sees is a man , she immediately gets tunnel vision and reacts..
    I am not defending her , but I do believe there were a series of events that led to this tragedy..

This gentleman is a far better man then me and much respect goes out to him for his forgiveness . I only hope his family understands.

5. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    It’s great that he found forgiveness in his heart.......But this woman is a completely idiot and deserves time in jail. To be a trained Officer of the law, you cannot tell the difference between completely different furniture and layout in this apartment and a man sitting on HIS couch eating ice cream. Get real

00noturkey likes this.
  6. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I can honestly say, as a sinner, I would not be able to forgive. I have issues with former church members that attempted to get our pastor removed through false witness a few years ago that I have not forgiven. I’d just as likely punch them in the face as shake their hand if I ever see them again, so I certainly wouldn’t forgive this woman were I in that situation.

Yeah, I’ve got a long way to go too.

beauhunter41031 likes this.
  7. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Thought I would look and see what the Injun man stirred up today.

2 thoughts come to mind.
    One, the lady was lying and probably had a thing with the colored man going on.

Two. I don't have and don't want that kind of forgiveness. You wrong me and i will get you if it takes me the rest of my life. Done.

8. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    The woman was definitely in the wrong and there is no excusing what she did and as I said before I am not defending her.

But if you are a true Christian and follower of Jesus Christ we are to forgive others as Jesus forgave us of all our past present and future sins..

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good . Romans 12 :17-21

Jesus’ point is simple. We must forgive, all the time. People will sin. We will sin against others. Just as God forgives us all the time, we are to forgive others all the time.

Is forgiveness easy no, should we yes.

Do you have to forget no it's impossible to forget a memory..

mac0492 and woodsman92 like this.
  9. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I never thought I’d be able to forgive my ex wife's But I did. Took years but I actually feel sorry for them now. They are both lost and are miserable. They would never admit to that. But it took years I’m glad I did, I’m at such peace now. Only god can give that peace. I pray I never have to be put in a situation like they are in, I don’t know if I’m that strong.

mac0492, carnivore and ojibwa62 like this.
  10. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I have a story of forgiveness with my first wife of 18 years there was infidelity on her part for several years , it tore our family apart, when we divorced I got my son and she got what she wanted whatever that was. I was angry for several years, then I found Jesus.. One day while talking to her on the phone about our son , I felt prompted by the Lord to forgive her, she cried and apologized profusely..

We have a friendly relationship now both remarried.

woodsman92 and rcb216 like this.
  11. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    There are many things we are supposed to do but as humans its not so simple. I think forgiveness allows us to unload burdens we would pack and harm us mentally and personally. If someone did somethin bad to my kids or family I don't think I'm strong enough to forgive some acts. The bible is the road map for a perfect life. We aren't perfect though and we will never be. Thank goodness for Gods grace and he is perfect so that's what saves us. We don't get brownie points for being good. We get saved by Gods grace alone.

TripleGee, ojibwa62 and bgkyarcher like this.
  12. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I think forgiving evil is a slippery slope to letting evil in to do more harm. I don't mean accidents and/or bad judgement but true evil (intent to kill innocents, intent to seriously harm physically or psychologically, etc). Evil should be exposed, called out, and/or eliminated when possible...not forgiven.

This case I don't think was evil, no matter how grievous her mistake, she did not intend to kill an innocent man...doesn't mean I could/would forgive her either. I might not spend the rest of my life making her pay for that mistake.

Not Christian-like...nope, and I'm ok with that.

muddhunter likes this.
  13. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Forgiveness and no consequences are two different things. Sin always has consequences regardless of whether or not we get forgiveness. I can’t say I would be that quick to offer forgiveness. I too have issues with forgiveness, especially if someone hurt one of my kids or my wife. I believe that all crimes against the elderly or children should have double the punishment. Under the law, not retribution not revenge not vengeance. Being a peacemaker like Ojibwa shared from Romans 12 is hard but so long as it depends on us, if there is anything in our power to do so, we are supposed to help. We are to forgive. We will be forgiven just as we forgive others. That’s not easy to swallow but it doesn’t make it any less true.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  14. gicts

gicts 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2004
    Louisville
    That's beautiful.

My cynical side says it comes from knowing a sweet, slam dunk of a civil suite it coming :)

15. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Better man than me

00noturkey likes this.