I need of some help everyone...

Risner

Fawn
Feb 6, 2016
Hey everyone fairly new to Turkey hunting but I have been hooked since my first Turkey hunt. I have never hunted Kentucky before plan on making the trip this year and have been doing a lot of map searching and have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 counties laurel, rockcastle, Jackson not 100 percent sure on where to go only gonna have a couple hours of scouting time and only 2 days to hunt. So hopefully my fellow sportsman could help me out and get me in the right direction feel free to PM me if your not comfortable writing inn the public forum thanks and anything in appreciated...

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

Risner

Fawn
Feb 6, 2016
The reason I said those counties is because will be staying at a family members house in London they don't hunt so they are of no help in that direction except that DBNF is not to far from there house when researching DBNF I find out that it's huge and with me only going to be able to scout a couple hours the day before season because if work I don't want to be scouting in one place when I should be scouting another

Farrier85

10 pointer
Oct 29, 2015
Turkeys are everywhere. Main thing you need to scout is how crowded it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

EKYridgerunner

10 pointer
Sep 13, 2010
Are your family members able bodied?

You can definitely get it done, but two days isn't a lot of time to hunt new ground. Put in long days and I'll bet on success.

Good thing about gobblers is that they usually tell you where they are every morning, so you should at least get some encounters.

cedar creek

10 pointer
Sep 7, 2014
Just get out and go, learn from your mistakes and keep positive attitude. Hike back in there far as you can safely, pack map or GPS and some provisions. Good luck

Risner

Fawn
Feb 6, 2016
Ok thanks guys hopefully the birds are as easy to find as you make it sound around here the birds never like to talk and get real call shy after first day do to the amount of hunters out number the birds I'm very excited for the trip and will let you all know how it goes

Latest posts