I have to admit...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by xbokilla, Nov 9, 2018.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Nah , just have bow season from mid August to Jan 31.. lol

2. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    You are right. Like I said, I like gun hunting but hate gun season. I also wish seasons came in on Monday’s. I think we have to many hunters but that’s just my opinion.

ojibwa62 and DH13 like this.
  3. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    A lot of hunters can only hunt weekends. I've took most of my deer over the years during the week but I'd hate to slight the working people of opening it on Monday. I work m-f but I'm fortunate to take off rifle.

4. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Where I gun hunt, we intentionally stay on top of the ridge and not the bottom for safety. 3 separate properties come together at the bottom, and it’s a deer highway. If we shoot one we’ll track it down there’s covered head to toe in orange.

5. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    I bet he crapped his when you shot. We have a few hunters around but, the place we hunt the hill on the farm that backs up to mine is so steep they don't hunt it. If they walk down to the creek they're on me. Open fields on the other 2 sides. On the bad side we only have about 30 acres of woods but, it's plenty for my wife and I.

BubEastKY likes this.
  6. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I go to work everyday as well. Look at Ohio and their deer season. And honestly, I don’t really think it would hurt “working people” as I am one myself. It’s just my opinion and I know it’s not popular. It just seems to me that rifle season brings out all the slobs and idiots who call themselves hunters but who really couldn’t give a hoot about the resource as long as they can shoot something.

KYBOY and DH13 like this.
  7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    How in the eff do you fit 9 people on 90 acres? That’s just silly and I can’t imagine a scenario where that would work. We have 100 acres and hunt 3 people. We were not happy with the set up so we are buying an additional 23 acres from the neighbor to make it work.

8. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Man they do it. Some about 100 yards apart watching 2 different fields. Which one placed stand could watch both.

ryandonnelly likes this.
  9. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    There is a farm across the road from me and several times I've wanted to ask permission to hunt but I know he let's all his family hunt there which is the reason why I don't. One year I noticed a young man about 18-20 walking up and down the road looking for a deer he hit. I asked him if hit it good, he says "I don't know, I hit something, buck or doe I don't know ".And he had on no orange. I said good luck. I'll never step foot on that place during gun season.

10. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Your going to be in for a surprise.

11. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    I have been gun hunting here for 25 years and never once felt uneasy about it at all. Until this year, i have hunted a river bottom for the last seven years. And ironically it was the very first place i ever went deer hunting as kid. This year a very large track across the river was leased to a big outfitter 2 hours away in northern ky. I have already eyed one stand about 100 yards straight across the river. Its disapointing from a hunting standpoint but i am concearned about what hey who they dump off there before daylight. I put up some orange triangle slow moving signs on my house and will hang a orange vest out the window. I am going to walk in with a light on havent done that since a little kid. To be honest if it wasnt for my dad i wouldn't even go. I may start parking in the bottom so they atleast know someone is there.

12. bdbrown66

bdbrown66 6 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    I was born and raised in Ohio. I MUCH prefer having the season start on Saturday, gives me extra time to hunt. And if you think starting on Monday takes the idiots out of the woods, you are sorely mistaken.

13. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Not a bad one I hope , it's getting light now we will see.

14. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    Its as bad as i expected. Dropping hunters off 10-20 mins after light driving around all day pouring out corn. What a joke i'm sure they kill some simply by peoples numbers. Was a heck of place. At least i didnt get shot

15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Oh, I started the thread, but I need the weekend. That’s pretty much all I got unless I take off work. I really didn’t hear that much shooting close yesterday and didn’t go today. It will be interesting to see what they do with gun season next year since Thanksgiving isn’t until Nov 28. The Sunday after Thanksgiving will be Dec. 1.