I hate Moultrie cameras

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
SOB. Put a new card in my only Moultrie about a month ago. In what is normally my best spot. They've torn the mineral lick up. Camera was on, batteries strong. Zero pics. Friggen Moultries are so damn picky about SD cards. If a card has been used in other brands, sometimes they don't write to card. I've never had this problem with any other brand. I've formatted a card. Guess I'll make the damn 45 mile drive sometime this weekend to put a newly formatted card in it just to be safe. I'll never own another Moultrie camera. On a positive note, the new Muddy cameras take great pics.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
My first cams were the Moultrie flash cams. They did a good job for a few years then the flash went bad and only daytime pics. I remember them using big C batteries and eating them up too. Cams have came a long way in a short time.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Im about done with cams, they all suck. My two moultrie cams were lightly used 1.5 seasons and they destroyed sd cards
I’ve only had one SD card ever go bad in cell cams. Now I don’t leave mine up year around like some people. I’m more of an August to January person.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
I’ve only had one SD card ever go bad in cell cams. Now I don’t leave mine up year around like some people. I’m more of an August to January person.
I put my moutltries out for a month then again for 2-3 months, when i was trying to figure a buck out. Then for a week to decide if i wanted to shoot a buck i had been passing. Maybe 5-6 months outside over 2 years. Intermittent use. The second one worked for 2 weeks before starting to eat sd cards.

I quit using cams for awhile because I was displeased with my 5 cheap simmons and bushnell (literally same cam with their brand stamped) but they lasted 3-4 years of nonstop use before all quitting.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I put my moutltries out for a month then again for 2-3 months, when i was trying to figure a buck out. Then for a week to decide if i wanted to shoot a buck i had been passing. Maybe 5-6 months outside over 2 years. Intermittent use. The second one worked for 2 weeks before starting to eat sd cards.

I quit using cams for awhile because I was displeased with my 5 cheap simmons and bushnell (literally same cam with their brand stamped) but they lasted 3-4 years of nonstop use before all quitting.
I like Bushnell myself. I have several. A couple are over 10 and going strong. They are outdated as far as doing all the fancy stuff but get me a pic and that’s good enough. I put out 2-3 these days and 1 is a Reveal cell cam and that’s about it. I don’t own the land I hunt on and besides the cell cam have to travel to check so it doesn’t do me any good to have a bunch out.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I like Bushnell myself. I have several. A couple are over 10 and going strong. They are outdated as far as doing all the fancy stuff but get me a pic and that’s good enough. I put out 2-3 these days and 1 is a Reveal cell cam and that’s about it. I don’t own the land I hunt on and besides the cell cam have to travel to check so it doesn’t do me any good to have a bunch out.
I bought two of the first generation bushnells when they first came out. Over the span of 3-4 years, I had over 10. One would die, they'd replace it, rinse and repeat. One wouldn't work out of the package. I got a letter from one of the VP's apologizing for the continued trouble. They finally just gave me two additional, free of charge. I never had one last over a year. Never bought another one.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
SOB. Put a new card in my only Moultrie about a month ago. In what is normally my best spot. They've torn the mineral lick up. Camera was on, batteries strong. Zero pics. Friggen Moultries are so damn picky about SD cards. If a card has been used in other brands, sometimes they don't write to card. I've never had this problem with any other brand. I've formatted a card. Guess I'll make the damn 45 mile drive sometime this weekend to put a newly formatted card in it just to be safe. I'll never own another Moultrie camera. On a positive note, the new Muddy cameras take great pics.
cheese.jpg

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
I’ve got a M80 black that’s still going strong that’s at least 8 years old. Other than that, I’ve had lots of issues with moultrie over the years. I will say that since I began keeping my cameras running 24/7/365 I see way less issues and failures.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I bought two of the first generation bushnells when they first came out. Over the span of 3-4 years, I had over 10. One would die, they'd replace it, rinse and repeat. One wouldn't work out of the package. I got a letter from one of the VP's apologizing for the continued trouble. They finally just gave me two additional, free of charge. I never had one last over a year. Never bought another one.
I’ve been lucky I guess. I got a Wildgame that I bought off someone on here new for $30 like 5-6 years ago and haven’t had an issue out of it either. Now I did buy a couple Coverts during the craze. Just like 5MP. I didn’t see anything special like everyone talked about so didn’t buy anymore. I got pretty good pics but thought the video was less than average. Now, I’ve been pretty impressed with Reveal that I’ve used the last two years. I got 1 new one I’ve never gotten out of the box. May get it out this year. I’m a cheapskate so adding those couple of bucks to my monthly bill is not something I want to do. LOL.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I’ve got a M80 black that’s still going strong that’s at least 8 years old. Other than that, I’ve had lots of issues with moultrie over the years. I will say that since I began keeping my cameras running 24/7/365 I see way less issues and failures.
I had three M80's. They were good cams, but never had one last more than 3 years. They were also very picky on SD cards. It's a Moultire thing.

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
Never had a moultree and probably won’t. I’ve had a few brownings and had been very pleased with them except having a some stolen. The one browning I have left is about 5 years old and last season it started eating battery’s in about a weeks time. I now have 3 cheapo tascos and for the price I’ve been happy with them

PUBLIC RAT

10 pointer
Feb 18, 2014
Ive hade terrible luck with them as well. You have to reformat for that SD card then they eat SD Cards more quickly than other brands.

I have two Browning cameras that are on their 5th season that have never been taken down. I plan to have more.
Same here, used to be a Moultrie guy,over the last 4 years I've transitioned to Browning only. Much more reliable.

Latest posts