I figure this is a purty good spike

bullet225ho

6 pointer
Oct 25, 2004
Crooked Creek
This is on some land that I'm bowunting in middle GA. I've seen cowhorns and i've seen long and I've seen thick spikes....but I aint never seen a spike like this.

MDGC0067.jpg

150PandY

BBBC Members
Sep 9, 2004
Frankfort, KY, USA.
Never cull a spike! He might spike on the point scale next year! But then agin he might spike your best buck too! Its up to you!

I agree but a spike with a body like that may be just genetically inferior buck. I wouldnt waist my buck tag on him but I bet he probably wont get much better. He looks to be older than the usual 1.5 year old spike. If he is a 1.5 yo then he is a hoss and will be a monster in a few years!

kycooner

8 pointer
May 2, 2007
I don't know if this is true or not,,but I have always heard if a deer has two straight spikes over 10 inches long you were allowed to kill them,,They are known as Killer Deer,,if they fight with another deer they can stab the deer with their horns.It may be a myth ,I dunno

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
I don't know if this is true or not,,but I have always heard if a deer has two straight spikes over 10 inches long you were allowed to kill them,,They are known as Killer Deer,,if they fight with another deer they can stab the deer with their horns.It may be a myth ,I dunno

You're allowed to kill them anyway. It's just a matter if you want to or not.

Latest posts