I Feel Blessed

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by ky.longbeard, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    On March 10th I had 2 mini-strokes and my whole right side went numb,now while I was lying in the hospital bed in Nashville I was wondering if I would even get to turkey hunt this year. I still have some issues with my right arm but,I did get to hunt and tagged out this morning...........So I feel blessed to have recovered enough to be out there.

Took my first turkey the first day and finished up this morning. Had 3 toms come out of the bottoms ,after some soft calling and they spotted the hen decoy I had flat on the ground with a jake decoy over top of her and they couldn't stand it. As Will Primos calls it they started doing the mean walk heading straight to the decoys. So to keep my decoys from harms way when they got to 35 yds. I let him have it.

The first picture is of my opening day turkey and the second one is today ! Turkey 2013 003.jpg Turkey 2013 023.jpg

2. HuntinPreacher

HuntinPreacher 6 pointer

Nov 20, 2006
    Congratulations ky.longbeard! Two nice birds. I know you already know this, but we can never take a single day for granted. Thanks be to the Lord for His blessings!

3. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    amen!!!!!!!!

4. Thunder Head

Thunder Head 8 pointer

Yep things can be put into prespective reel fast.
    I am glad you are able to get out there. Mya you have a full recovery.
    Nice birds by the way!

5. TurkeyFoot

TurkeyFoot 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2006
    Taylor County
    The Good Lord works wonders! Congrats on 2 beautiful birds!

6. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Congrats to you & prayers for continued progress!

7. drc

drc 8 pointer

Jan 13, 2011
    bath co. ky.
    Congrats to you Gods wonders are amazing and a couple of big toms can make one fill a lot better to.

8. rather-b-huntn

rather-b-huntn 10 pointer

I remember you asking for prayer earlier.....God is good.

9. First, congratulations on your continued recovery. And second, congrats on some fine birds.
    I wouldn't know what to do if I could not go turkey hunting- it is literally like Christmas to a little kid for me!

10. Shaine1985

Shaine1985 12 pointer

Jul 11, 2012
    your moms
    That's for sure!